Tarnhouse (Hallbankgate) Brampton Rly circa 1947

Now that work on Tynebank has paused, I have finally got around to building and undercoating some rolling stock, still heaps to do. Just as an aside, I love my High Level RSH so won't be buying the Dapol one, although it's introduction may slow down the plague of Pecketts which is sweeping the modelling world

DSC00759.JPG

DSC00760.JPG

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 25/04/2022 at 18:35, Ian Blenk said:

Very slow progress, crossing Keepers cottage complete and some work on back scene done. The topography of the area is challenging

Maybe very slow, but it is progress.

At least you have something to progress🙂

Stu

51 minutes ago, eastworld said:

Maybe very slow, but it is progress.

At least you have something to progress🙂

Stu

One step forward,two back. It's embarrassing the diorama is barely 3' long!  I keep visiting the place and seeing something else I should have/shouldn't have done.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

I promised myself that I would keep up to date with any progress on this rather forgotten outpost of RMweb. Busy with the path down from the mortuary to track level. I have had to make a few changes to the position of the buildings to get everything where they looked best. I'm always prepared to sacrifice reality for effect. Next big project is a non-existent sheep bridge to act as a scenic break  on the Kirkhouse end. In truth in future builds (if there are any) I don't think I would ever go for an actual place again, too restrictive!

280191752_5479437332108128_3729473973887279458_n.jpg

280203483_5479437448774783_4209216696713391002_n.jpg

DSC00775.JPG

DSC00776.JPG

Edited by ianblenk
  • Like 13

Eventually a building finished, in truth I am finding it increasingly difficult to physically do any modelling. Also I wonder if I should move this thread to 'Layout Progress as these snaps aren't really 'industrial' Any way on with the sheep bridge, then the scenics. Just a question, has any one out there used a static grass applicator and has a pacemaker fitted? The results could be interesting. 

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

• Like 14

On 25/05/2022 at 20:15, ianblenk said:

Eventually a building finished, in truth I am finding it increasingly difficult to physically do any modelling. Also I wonder if I should move this thread to 'Layout Progress as these snaps aren't really 'industrial' Any way on with the sheep bridge, then the scenics. Just a question, has any one out there used a static grass applicator and has a pacemaker fitted? The results could be interesting. 

Should be ok, just make sure your earthed!!!

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

General view of the main buildings. I am so pleased to get these out the way, I hope the scenic side will be completed for Workington Show in Nov. Having said that I still have to build those wagon kits and finish 'Tindale' Hmm, maybe not this November!

DSC00863.JPG

• Like 14

• 1 month later...

Yay! I've managed to get some work done. The xing keepers cottage should finish soon. I used Doll's House carpet for the lawn. The B4 in the shed is a space filler. There is a chance that it will finish for Workington in Nov. Not many fiddly bits left to do.

DSC00923.JPG

DSC00927.JPG

Edited by ianblenk
  • Like 15

11 hours ago, ianblenk said:

Yay! I've managed to get some work done. The xing keepers cottage should finish soon. I used Doll's House carpet for the lawn. The B4 in the shed is a space filler. There is a chance that it will finish for Workington in Nov. Not many fiddly bits left to do.

I'll be spare man all that weekend, if you need a hand!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...