Graskop Rivet tools/heads

hayfield

These Graskop riveting tools/heads came into my possession and I am wondering if they have any use

744.jpeg.f3311b9750c6282bd12a96cb0e184075.jpeg

I can understand the pointed main head, but there are 3 other attachments which are a bit confusing, these go into the main tool directly below the rivet punch, but they are not going to give much support

745.jpeg.0fa6a61de0aa9f4e0724b8767a40d1d9.jpeg746.jpeg.1487a4fbba6b7d541c0f47e0c3333d02.jpeg

The question is can I find a use for them ?

John, you might not but I possibly could. You do need the rest of the kit though. Currently I have a full set, though I couldn't persuade Dick (Ganderton) to sell me a set of the special ones he used to demonstrate with, which formed bolt heads etc, he said it was too difficult to get a consistant result. I think his son(s) have taken over production and could probably sell you the mainframe and dropper.

• Thanks 1

I have checked, the last contact I had with him was in 2015 and he was still doing anvils and punches then plus the drop weights. He supplied me with new anvils and refurbished punches plus a drop weight. Don't know about anyone taking over from him, I may have read that somewhere, not sure.

The punches screw into the drop weight shaft and the anvils sit in the frame itself. There are already several posts on RMWeb with photos. Not sure he hasn't retired though but his details are still on http://www.clag.org.uk/russ/supplier.html

Edited by Stephen Freeman

• 7 months later...