Lenz computer interface fault - best way forward

melmerby

On 04/12/2021 at 14:08, melmerby said:

Hi TTG

Long time no hear.

It's on Win 11 but it I had problems with Lenz & USB on a couple of other PCs on Win 10 and occasionally more recently using  Lenz & LAN with Win 10 on the current PC (which has how it has been connected since I got the Z21)

The upgrade to Win 11 doesn't seem to have made it better or worse.

The Z21 which is also on the same LAN hub hasn't faltered, it's always the Lenz connection that stops Train Controller. (......... Processing has Continued Offline..........etc)

It appears to be a very short duration drop out as after TC has stopped "Setting Up Digital Systems" always restores it, until the next drop out 10 mins or 2 hours or whatever later.

Hi Melmerby,

Lurking in the background keeping an eye on things. :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 04/12/2021 at 18:00, WIMorrison said:

Keith

As far as PSU the recommendation I got from the designer of the DR5000 (no longer employed by DK, but that is another story)  was not to use any DK supplied SMPS and buy a decent one, such as a Meanwell SMPS. He showed me the difference in waveform, and it was chalk and cheese. The DR5000 was almost as good as Z21 with a good power supply! He had complained many times to DK about the SMPS the used and was always told his job was just to design ...

Interestingly, Littfinski (LDT) supply MeanWell 120W PSUs for their boosters, of which I have two not yet installed.

They wouldn't work properly with the 90W ones supplied with the DR5000!

A big drawback with the DR5000, is that there is no onboard current trip or voltage adjustment, it relies on the PSU for that.

• Like 1