List of ScR train codes eg1T30

Hi everyone

i just wondered what the best route would be to try and track down a comprehensive list of passenger train service codes from the ScR 1986-1993 an example of the information that i am looking for would be - 1T30 12:25 Inverness-Glasgow Queen Street. Would this be the kind of information that i would need an old BR working timetable for?

cheers in advance

bry

I dont know if it will be of much help to you but the current headcode/destination indications in the current working timetable are

A- Aberdeen, Glasgow Central-Barrhead/Kilmarnock/Ayr/Stranraer

B- Edinburgh, Edinburgh Suburban (Bathgate/Newcraighall, Certain Glasgow suburban services- mainly to and from Lanark

C- Certain Glasgow Central suburban services

D- Glasgow-Paisley Canal and Motherwell-Cumbernauld

E- Long distance services to former LNE Region, Certain Glasgow Suburban services- mainly to and from Balloch

F- Certain Glasgow suburban services

G- Glasgow-Gourock services and some Fife-Edinburgh services

H- Inverness (including Far North line in both directions, Certain Glasgow Suburban services-mainly to and from Helensburgh Central

I- Cathcart Inner Circle services

J- Glasgow Central to East Kilbride and Glasgow Queen Street to Falkirk via Cumbernauld

K-Glasgow-Ayr and Stranraer services, certain Edinburgh Suburban and Fife services

L- Dundee and Perth, Certain Glasgow Suburban services- mainly to and from Larkhall

M- Long distance services to North West or Midland Regions, Certain Glasgow Suburban services - mainly to and from Milngavie and Certain Glasgow-Newton services

N- Glasgow to Neilston, Glasgow to Stirling, Dunblane and Perth, Carlisle-Dumfries

O- Long distance services to Southern region, Cathcart Outer services

P- Certain Glasgow Central to Newton services, (Newcraighall)-Edinburgh-Stirling/Dunblane/Perth services

R- Glasgow Queen Street-Edinburgh (E&G services), Glasgow Central to Whiflet services

S- Long distance services terminating in Scottish region, certain Glasgow Suburban services-mainly to Lanark

T- Aberdeen to Glasgow Queen Street, Glasgow-Ardrossan/Largs

V- Long distance services terminating in Western Region, Certain Glasgow Suburban services-mainly to Springburn

W- Glasgow-Wemyss Bay, Glasgow Queen Street-Anniesland

Y- West Highland, Edinburgh-North Berwick and Glasgow Central via Shotts

So if you were to look at say 1K20, that would be the 11:43 from Ayr to Glasgow, or 1A16 that would be the 1542 from Glasgow to Kilmarnock, 2P18 is the 22:20 Glasgow to Newton and so on and so forth.

Definitely worth getting hold of a WTT because the train number (last 2 digits) would vary over time. The train type and destination stayed constant over many years. The ScR WTT's were broken up into operating sections so you need to check which area you want.

Another source is to check the site below (at least for the 1980's)

http://www.timewarp.abelgratis.com/ch/diary.html

Its slow work but you can pick up the Scottish headcodes from some of the recorded workings.

John

Archived