If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Greetings from East London, UK

Cuthbert 80

Well...hello everyone!

So, I'm an events and wedding photographer by trade and have been into model trains on and off for at least 35 years. My mother took me travelling on trains A LOT when I was a little youngling and so I blame her for this expensive and of course, highly enjoyable hobby :biggrin_mini2:

I make no excuses and I'm unashamedly heavily biased towards high speed bullet trains (my profile pic kinda gives this away I guess lol) although I do appreciate many other types.

Would consider myself relatively financially poor compared to most people lol so have never really had the space to create a truly mesmerising layout. So small is my room that I'm currently renting out...that it is virtually impossible to have even a small running layout so I've decided to make a tiny pathetic sized "diorama" made only so I can take nice pictures of my sexy model trains in HO scale on it....given that I'm a photographer :unknw_mini:

Despite hardly ever earning handsome incomes...I've mostly made things work in terms of funding new gorgeous highly detailed model trains and travelling on real ones...in real life, around world! I'm fairly good at saving so I've made things happen a number of times...somehow.

I'm embarrasingly obsessed with French TGV high speed trains so I'm in the process of modelling a small scene on one of the French high speed lines with intentionally very basic scenery. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to serious modelling and I'm just in awe at some of the amazing things you guys and gals have achieved. I have a lot to learn :O

To give you an idea of what I'm trying to do...this is my "here's one I made earlier" moment.

Below is an image I took of my Italian Frecciarossa 1000 bullet train (from ACME) on a test setup I prepared last year while waiting for my Trix TGV Euroduplex to turn up in the post.

Frecciarossa 1000 4.JPG

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi there @Cuthbert 80 - the diorama / photo plank looks great.  Given your interests, do check out the Continental/Forum Forum if you’ve not seen it yet: I’ve found there’s loads of help, advice, encouragement and expertise there to tap into and share, plus lots of examples of things people have either bought second-hand (or made) that can save loads,  and keep the funds for those ‘must-have’ items we all fall for :D, Keith.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Hi there @Cuthbert 80 - the diorama / photo plank looks great.  Given your interests, do check out the Continental/Forum Forum if you’ve not seen it yet: I’ve found there’s loads of help, advice, encouragement and expertise there to tap into and share, plus lots of examples of things people have either bought second-hand (or made) that can save loads,  and keep the funds for those ‘must-have’ items we all fall for :D, Keith.

@Keith Addenbrookethank you kindly Sir...really appreciate it :)

Will deffo check out the continental forum mate.

Indeed, my funds only go towards the best 'must-have' items....I'm quite picky about what I buy already! :biggrin_mini2:

Cheers!

• Like 1