Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold members only.

7mm scale micro layout by Grahame Hitchen - NOW SOLD

• RMweb Gold

Those of you familiar with Grahame's thread - 

- will be aware that last year he started a new 7mm 'micro layout' project as a distraction to his main 'Drewe Tor' layout. This one featured mainly Peco points and wooden sleepered plain track, but he stopped work on it, when he felt he encountered a problem with the passage of one of his Heljan 05 through the Peco double slip. There is a video of it performing on page 27 of the above thread.

He showed me this loco performing in the flesh when I went round one time and whilst I fully accept that he wasn't happy with the noise that it made himself, I doubt that I would personally have been as bothered by it. The double slip was brand new and seemed to be to specification.

YouTube link - 

Anyway, Grahame decided not to proceed with this project and put the baseboards away, with the track glued in place and went back to his existing 7mm and 3.5mm work.

We are now offering the two baseboards and track for sale, as seen. The baseboards appear to be of his own manufacture and feature thick foamboard with a plywood frame. They are very light in weight (only held by two people in the photos to make sure they appeared level!).

This will probably have to be a case of 'buyer collects' (South Devon) or collection from the RMWeb Day at Taunton in April, unless the buyer has an alternative suggestion!

What you have here is effectively a 'head start' in building a small 7mm scale 'cameo' layout.

I am not going to suggest a starting bid here, but please bear in mind that there are three 7mm points included, one of which is a double slip, plus some nice plain trackwork.

20220304_130130.jpg.a067b3b4ebbacef2e3f89da62344220b.jpg

20220304_130214.jpg.5598f41075896d81f9108aa93a936f0d.jpg

I will plan to close the bidding in 7 days time, at 1800 hrs on Saturday 12th March next. As per previous items, bids to be sent to me via PM, please, with heading: 'Grahame Hitchen 7mm track on baseboards'.

Many thanks.

Edited by Captain Kernow
Adding YouTube link.

• Captain Kernow changed the title to 7mm scale micro layout by Grahame Hitchen - NOW SOLD