Bachmann Class 150 Arriva (32-939DS) Lighting Fault

Torbay Express

I wondered if anyone has encountered the same, or has any suggestions as to what is happening 

I have recently purchased a 32-93DS.  The unpowered vehicle has a lighting issue.  When lights are switched on all lights in the vehicle are dim (directional and saloon).  Start the unit moving, or indeed even just press the horn, and the lights become brighter, and how they should look.   Stationery, headlight is very dim and flickers.

Here are photos of the front lights to demonstrate the issue.  It has been sent to Bachmann, who advise that there is no fault.

Stationery:

Screenshot_20220317-163404.png.5e82e8ccbd738265f3b5b67e502c883a.png

Sound the horn:

Screenshot_20220317-163348.png.9c9f455fb581db789c459eb427b520a3.png

Many thanks in anticipation for any advice.

• 1 month later...

My dad has the GWR green one and although on DC the lights in the unpowered unit only come on around 75%-100% power.  Its been to Bachmann who had it 2 weeks and it was returned no fault found.  However he also has an older one in First livery and this works fine, perhaps theyve changed something in the pcb?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, davebem said:

My dad has the GWR green one and although on DC the lights in the unpowered unit only come on around 75%-100% power.  Its been to Bachmann who had it 2 weeks and it was returned no fault found.  However he also has an older one in First livery and this works fine, perhaps theyve changed something in the pcb?

Thanks for info Dave, PM sent.