Need help with Sommerfeldt catenary parts

MichaelE

Hello folks

I need help with some Sommerfeldt part numbers for my catenary installation in Langwies.

Sommerfeld doesn't list which parts, are used how, on their website and I'm not that familiar with complex catenary installations.

Would someone help me with the part numbers of the parts I need to install the circled parts in this photo? 

Specifically, I don't know which part number to use for additional registration arms and I don't know what parts I need to attach those arms to the catenary mast and the outriggers hanging from the truss.

I received an email responce from Sommerfeldt that essentially said, check out the catalog. Big help there.

Thank you guys.

b6kCorw.jpg

• Like 1

Probably easier to make your own using steel wire, some Sommerfeldt plastic isolators and some insulation stripped from wire for the thicker bits.  Not to mention cheaper!

Edited by Salmotrutta
typo

• RMweb Premium

Hi Michael,

I think that the parts you need are in the 380 series - that is the RhB H0m range of catenary.

Since you are in the US, I had a look at Eurorailhobbies.com.

Their site has pictures of the Sommerfeldt products, with the descriptions in English (so you don't need to worry whether or not 'Ausleger' means what you hope it does!).

Have a look at part numbers 383, 384, 385, 386 - they seem to be RhB arms and offsets (I only really know about the FO bits, in the 280 range).

Hope this helps.

Dave

Edited by DIW
Added stuff
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I found what I needed from Swiss Model Rail. I had this site in my bookmarks and had forgotten about it until someone at the Albula forum reminded me. 

Along with Sommerfeldt, Swiss Model Rail has what I need to replicate this catenary. He even has the outriggers with the registration arms and insulators attached. Both for a single track and dual tracks. He also has LED mast lights for each of the transverse beams and other bits and pieces.

• Like 2