Interior for an exSECR P+P driving trailer

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

I have a Roxey kit for an exSECR driving trailer for P+P set 660, its partner is a Bachmann compo as recommended by Dave H.
May I ask, what is the best option for the interior, Dave H suggested that Southern Pride  parts were useful but no longer available. 

My next thought was to take a look at the Bachmann brake end but only as a source of information. 
Maybe adapting an RTR interior might be an option, I just don’t know. 
Thank you

StaySafe

Given that it was a conversion from a 60ft brake composite anyway, the obvious choice would be the interior from to the appropriate Bachmann birdcage vehicle - bit of an expensive option however.  I don't think the interiors were altered in the conversion and you really have to get close up and personal to see interior detail in 4mm especially with compartment stock so you should be able to knock up something acceptable with Plastikard or the like.

Kubes

Guest Jack Benson

Hi Kubes,

Good suggestion, an image of the interior of the Bachmann Birdcage brake coach is all that is needed, if not, I wonder if the Mike King P+P  book contains any information on coach interiors?

The actual gubbins to build the interior isn’t the problem, I  just need to know what goes where……..?

StaySafe

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

if not, I wonder if the Mike King P+P  book contains any information on coach interiors?

It does - page 136. It looks like the only interior modification was the blanking of the toilet windows (and presumably stripping out of the toilet compartments) on both vehicles.

Looking from the brake end of the DBS, you've got: Driver & Guard; 2 full-width compartments; full-width compartment with door far-left; two compartments with corridor to left; former toilets; compartment with corridor to right; full-width compartment with door near-right.

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

Scanned the sketch of the interior in MK’s book, thanks. Now, need to find someone selling suitable seats, I wonder if the Dapol LMS suburbans have interior moulding……….

StaySafe