Mehano parts almost impossible to obtain

sncfbill

I have a Mehano Vossloh G 1206 which has a problem with the LED lights, it would appear a part has burnt out

on the PCB. Contact with Mehano tells me a) they do not have any parts b) they do not ship to the UK anymore.

I have made contact with Lemke who tell me that they have never sold this model but do have parts for someof

their Mehano models. Can anyone advise a) where parts may be obtained or b) a reasonable repairer in the UK

who may be able to repair the PCB to reinstate the lights.    

Gaugemaster are the current importers of Mehano - you could try them but I suspect they will be unable to help.

However, Piko (who GM also import) produce various versions of the G1206 so it may be possible to convert/adapt a spare from a Piko model (they may even be interchangeable as a number of european manufactures do joint ventures & "badge engineer).

• RMweb Gold
On 30/04/2022 at 11:15, sncfbill said:

I have a Mehano Vossloh G 1206 which has a problem with the LED lights, it would appear a part has burnt out on the PCB.

Can anyone advise a) where parts may be obtained or b) a reasonable repairer in the UK who may be able to repair the PCB to reinstate the lights.    

I can't comment about official parts - or repairers - but I wonder if it might be worth posting clear photos of both sides of the PCB. In particular, it could be interesting to see where the damage is - burnt components - broken tracks - stuff like that.

I can't make any promises - but it might sometimes be possible to repair some things. Whether this is possible here would depend on what the damage is.

• Like 1

Not sure if this helps but I think it has been superseded by G1700, which I think is similar, not that that will help much. Assuming it's on the lighting PCB and not the chip then it is most likely to be either the led(s) themselves or the resistor(s).

Photo would help.

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Stephen Freeman said:

Assuming it's on the lighting PCB and not the chip then it is most likely to be either the led(s) themselves or the resistor(s).

Photo would help.

Fair comment - although other options might include PCB track damage.

Any of these options would be likely to be relatively straightforward to fix.

Photos would probably give us more of an idea what's actually wrong.

Thanks for your comments Huw - here attached is a photo of the top of the lighting PCB - the bottom resistor which

failed has been removed - I really just need an idea of the value as most resistors I search for on the net

appear to have 3 or 4 coloured bands -- this Mehano item only has two - 1 black 1 green. Any help you

could give would be very much appreciated

mehano pcb.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, SimonHMT said:

That was what I was thinking!

This kind of thing (not saying this is exact equivalent for the damaged part in this case)

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Vishay-Semiconductors/LL4148-M-08?qs=u%2Bh7cTrMUz8XqOHdv%2Blx0A%3D%3D

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 1