Bachmann 90005 and 36-569 decoder

simonjk

Hi,

Having issues with my Bachmann Class 90.  Its 90005 with a 36-569 decoder in it. The decoder reports 145 as the manufacture and 37 as the version.
Today I changed the long address and since then the DCC functions don't seem to be working correctly.  
One of the obvious problems was that I couldn't get the pantograph to go up.
First a tried a reset CV8=8 but that didn't make any difference.
Eventually I dug the packaging out for the decoder and changed the settings to the recommended defaults.
Two of these were CV 181 (Function Key that controls the pantograph) to 6 from 0 and 309 to 2  from 0 (Function key that controls braking).
That sorted the pantograph issue out but now F2 is braking and switching between Day / Night modes. 
Also Functions 2-5 look to be one out e.g. F3 is doing the Directional Lights Off (Non Panto end), F4 Directional Lights Off (Panto end) and F5 is doing nothing from what it says.

I'm fairly sure before I started all this I didn't have a brake function and when I read the leaflet that came with the loco that does seem to imply

F0  Direction Lights 
F1  Cab Lights  
F2  Day/Night Mode 
F3  Directional Lights Off (Non Panto end)
F4  Directional Lights Off (Panto end)
F5  Pantograph Up/Down

Is there a way to do a complete/hard reset of the decoder or how do I remap to what it says on the decoder documentation
i.e.
F0  Direction Lights 
F1  Cab Lights (Directional) 
F2  Brake Button
F3  Day/Night Mode 
F4  Directional Lights Off (Non Panto end)
F5  Directional Lights Off (Panto end)
F6  Pantograph Up/Down

Or does this decoder not support braking and I should just set CV309 back to 0 ?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Simon

Its a Zimo decoder, there's an 80-odd page manual for it available from the Zimo website.   

If you're willing to spend the time setting CV's, you can make it do whatever you want it to do - Zimo decoders are very flexible in what they can be setup to do.  

To move the functions up one function-key, you can  change the function map (there are multiple ways of doing function mapping in a Zimo, but the default will be in the CV33-42 area, much as any other decoder).   
Typically, find the CV for the current setting, and move to the next one: 

eg. F5-key would be CV39, default value 8.  So, to move it to F6-key, set the CV for the F6-key (CV40) to 8.  Next, move the F4-key, which is CV38, default value 4.  Move that to the F5-key, so set CV39=4,  and so on.   I'd expect the other changes to be CV38 = 2, CV37 = 1,  then CV36 (F2-key) = 0 to remove the day/night lights from F2-key.  

- Nigel

Thanks for the replies.

I have got a sound fitted 90 so suppose I could try the decoder in that.  I don't have a tester but I do have the JMRI decoder on my laptop and the interface to my Powercab.

I may just try remapping the function keys fist and see if that sorts it, otherwise I'll give it a try in another loco etc. 

Thanks again.

Simon