Train Times Model Shop announces limited edition exclusive livery for the Rapido SE&CR 20t 6w brake van

BlueLightning

• RMweb Gold

Train Times Model Shop in association with Rapido Trains UK announces Exclusive SE&CR 20t Brake van number 2010 as preserved at the K&ESR Limited to only 100 models!

Artwork.jpg.eac93104aa4fb61c3cdcbb14a345faba.jpg

This design of brake van, which has its origins in the batch of ten 20t six-wheeled Goods Brake vans that were ordered by the South Eastern Railway in 1898. The design was outwardly similar to the Midland Railway’s six-wheel brakes, featuring an enclosed body and a veranda at one end and a platform at the other. A further 35 were built between 1900 and 1909. The design was modified with a veranda at each end in 1910 and 50 vans to this design were built. When 25 single ended van required overhauls, they were rebuilt to this new design, albeit with detail differences.

These vans were popular with staff. All 90 passed into Southern Railway ownership (where they received the diagram 1558) and, incredibly, BR inherited 86. Withdrawals took place between 1949 and 1960, although a number of vehicles were transferred into Engineers departmental use.

prototype.thumb.jpg.13551000cd59ff2cdc352636037e185a.jpg

Image by Michael Roots, used under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported Licence

Only one of these vans survives. It was one of the 1898 batch that was rebuilt in 1910. BR sold it to the Royal Aircraft Establishment at Farnbrough, Hampshire, where it was bought for preservation on the Kent & East Sussex Railway. This is the vehicle represented by our exclusive model Image by Michael Roots, used under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported Licence

Pre-order yours from our website today!

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I placed an order. Felt it odd that this open goal was missing in the initial batch.

My SECR (inc. SER and LCDR) will soon go from 0 to 11 vans. 7 Rapido ones, 1 Cambrian Dance Hall, 1 6 wheel 3D print, 1 etched kit and 1 LCDR etched kit. 

Rather a lot!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, your order is much appreciated, these brake vans are selling even faster than I had ever hoped they would! Perhaps I should have commissioned more than 100, never mind, too late now!

I will have all of the pre-grouping Rapido ones (including the Rails of Sheffield exclusives, and this one obviously) a D&S 6 wheel kit, and a Cambrian dance hall, so I'm a bit behind you!

Gary

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Matt35027 said:

I've got my pre-order in! Hats off for going ahead with it!

Very much appreciated!

7 hours ago, MartinM said:

Good to see train times going from strength to strength under new management. I have ordered mine. 

Thank you, it's been hard work getting it to where it is, but hopefully it's all worth it, and we can keep doing things like this in the future!

7 hours ago, MartinM said:

Perhaps it it goes well, how about another number and a run of another 100? 

Never say never!

• 2 weeks later...

While waiting for Rapido verisons to come, I painted up a 3D print. This falls way short of Rapido standards so I decided NOT to insult my modern standard Rapido SECR wagons by placing it on the end of that train.

However I do have a collection of Dapol, Bachmann and a couple of Ratio adapted kits. As these all technically incorrect, this is the perfect break van for them. What is great is that Rapido are (or have produced) producing replacements for all of them so they will soon be confined to the reserve fleet (i;e used when I need a very long train and close up view is not required).

6w_01.jpg

6w_02.jpg

6w_03.jpg

6w_04.jpg

• Like 3