Immingham Model Railway Show 11th +12th May 2024

sjrichards

Annual Immingham Model Rail Show.

We invite you to another of our highly commended model railway shows.

2024 Saturday May 11th 10am to 5pm and Sunday May 12th 10am to 4pm. Entry price Adults £5, accompanied Children FREE 

Refreshments available,  Disabled access to main exhibition area

Layouts

Invermire – Scottish terminus in 1970’s – 0

Copper Wort – Burton brewery railway - 00

North Colton – ECML modern image - N

Cockshute – mid 1970’s depot near Stoke - 00

Splott – South Wales steel terminal in the late 1980’s – P4

Chatsworth Road – Peak District in the 1970’s – P4

Bytoft Creyk – East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire in the 1960’s - N

Back ut Shed – Modern image shed scene - 00

Manygates – East London line scene - 00

Drax – Biomass sidings layout – 00

Kyle of MacAllan – Scottish shed layout based on Kyle of Lochalsh - EM

Moorton Bottom Yard – Moorton canal basin goods yard - 009

Horncastle – What might have been in Horncastle in 1970’s – 00

Access to Immingham Museum with its two large permanent  layouts and docks history;

Immingham Shed - Scale 1950's Shed Scene in 00

Barnetby to Wrawby - Modern Image in N

Support

There will also be trade stands and society stands including Caistor Loco, CM3 Models, Elaine’s Trains, Peak Rail, Lincolnshire Wolds Railway, O Gauge Guild, Great Central Society, Paul King books

Address: Civic Centre, Pelham Road, Immingham. DN40 1QF

Ample Parking satnav DN40 1QF
No5 bus from Grimsby Town station every 20 mins on Saturday and hourly on Sunday

Disabled access to main exhibition area

www.imminghammuseum.org 

2016-08-14ImmMuseum12small.JPG.8a040eeee97cfcac198717595c25c243.JPG

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a brief note of thanks to the organisers of the Immingham show. What a cracking event! I enjoyed myself immensely there this afternoon for a few hours. Great venue (light, airy and cool) with easy parking nearby and some wonderful modelling on display. I can safely say that I enjoyed all the models I saw but particular favourites, in no particular order, were: Splot, Horncastle, Invermire and Cockshute. I was particularly captivated by the 'big, noisy diesels' on Invermire (and relieved that I just don't have the room!🙂) Everybody, without exception, was friendly and welcoming, which added to the atmosphere enormously. A great couple of hours of R&R and I came home inspired and refreshed. Thanks again - hope day 2 goes well and looking forward to next year.

All the best, 

Paul 

• Like 2

Excellent day running Invermire. A few odd teething problems but we managed to work round them so generally pleased with the way it ran. Probably the biggest problem was getting used to the operating sequence.

Some really good layouts there, the £5 entrance fee has got to be a bargain.20240511_151948.jpg.9f680f2816803e0e75657a1b324521a9.jpg

Edited by mike knowles
Correct spelling error
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Anyone in the area who is remotely interested should really try to get there on Sunday  as it is a great exhibition and as Mike Knowles says exceptional value at £5 entry. Something for everyone all at a really high standard, including the fantastic, and long,  Invermire, lovely exhibition many congratulations to the organisers.. 

Edited by jollysmart
  • Like 5

I don't normally appreciate the blue-era diesel scene, nor DCC sound, but Invermire was a very impressive piece of modelling, the sound levels thankfully not excessive, and the structures / scenery absolutely spot-on for the West Highland coastal areas. A great credit to its builders.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1