New bow pens

Hello,

I found this on the Squires tools web site.My link

I don't know if they are up to the job as I got mine in a set on ebay.http://www.squirestools.com/306-09.pdf

trustytrev. :)

I bought a hinged type from Squires and really cannot fault them for their speed of delivery. However the pen was not brilliant needing little pressure to rotate the hinged blade. Generally most bow pens can be "honed" to produce satisfactory results.

Recently I managed to purchase a Kern hinged pen from Ebay. For some reason no-one else bid for it so I got it for a brilliant £4.99. Unlike the Squires pen, the quality is much better.

You might be interested in the following topic: Using a ruling pen

I bought a hinged type from Squires and really cannot fault them for their speed of delivery. However the pen was not brilliant needing little pressure to rotate the hinged blade. Generally most bow pens can be "honed" to produce satisfactory results.

Recently I managed to purchase a Kern hinged pen from Ebay. For some reason no-one else bid for it so I got it for a brilliant £4.99. Unlike the Squires pen, the quality is much better.

You might be interested in the following topic: Using a ruling pen

Hello,

I had read the postings referring to bow pens but overlooked/forgot the mention of those from Squires in eagerness to share my discovery.

:rolleyes:

trustytrev. :)

Archived