Kit recommendation needed

I'm looking to buy my Dad a new kit as a gift, but as I'm very much at the "off the shelf" end of the hobby, I quite frankly haven't got a clue what to get him, or where to get it from!

What I'm after is a good quality brass wagon kit, either designed for, or suitable for conversion to, P4. His layout is GE/LNER based.

Can anyone help/offer a recommendation, preferably one that can be ordered online?

rolleyes.gif

Bill Bedford does some LNER area brass wagon kits here.

Martin Finney kits are supposed to be about the best; he doesn't do any LNER wagons I can see, but his LSWR van looks nice and there's no reason one couldn't be in your dad's region: here.

The Chivers NPCCS range would be right up his street here.

Or Isinglass does a couple of NPCCS which are both dead right for the GE section here

HTH

Some of the D&S stuff has been rereleased too though online ordering is a bit limited there i'm afraid.

If you can subtly look through his existing kit stash it may help gauge what he currently has.

Have you got a time period for GE/LNER too, some stuff may be too old or too new.

One of D & S' latest rereleases was a GE horsebox, which I'm sure would go down well. You can build those to any of the 3 gauges as far as I'm aware. Danny doesn't do electronic media, though, so you'd have to 'phone or post an order and you'd probably struggle for Christmas.

Archived