A little less GWR

I noticed today that one of these signals is no more. 

http://www.roscalen.com/signals/Greenford/060429/StartersToEaling2.jpg

The right hand one has in the last few days been replaced by a CLS. The two brackets north of the A40 that controlled the down junction with the Eastern chord and the spur to the platform at Greenford LUL station were replaced by a single route CLS a couple of years ago (and I believe they both went to a good home) but there are still some LQs around Greenford station.

That's one less link with our railway past and as I often walk round there it'll also be harder for me to know in advance when something more interesting than the Paddington-Greenford DMU is about to turn up.

Greenford East SB is the last ex GWR lower quadrant installation in London and there's much more about it on this website

http://www.roscalen.com/signals/Greenford/index.htm

A slight inference was made elsewhere on here the work was about to take place. I would have said more but have been left rather unwell by a bug picked up during the job that has left me with the need for two visits a day to hospital for intravenous antibiotics for the foreseeable future..

GE 29 and 46 signals were beheaded and LED heads placed on what was left. There would normally be after photo's but they will have to wait until i'm trailing less pipework etc then i'll take a trip out on the train and take a few.

The sun really has set on this one..

post-4034-0-74026200-1356372532_thumb.jpg

and this one between the Central Line platforms has gone also..

post-4034-0-88020900-1356372647_thumb.jpg

A slight inference was made elsewhere on here the work was about to take place. I would have said more but have been left rather unwell by a bug picked up during the job that has left me with the need for two visits a day to hospital for intravenous antibiotics for the foreseeable future..

GE 29 and 46 signals were beheaded and LED heads placed on what was left. There would normally be after photo's but they will have to wait until i'm trailing less pipework etc then i'll take a trip out on the train and take a few.

What rotten luck just before Christmas.  I hope you're better soon. I  might nip out with my own camera on boxing day if the monsoon hasn't returned.

BTW does anyone happen to know why the Greenford Branch was busy with passenger carrying Virgin Voyagers yesterday?  It's usually closed on Sundays

Sad to see those lovely semaphores go... that's another bit of my route card that's changed in the name of progress.

The diverted Voyagers haven't had much luck this week, Sunday night in particular was very disrupted with failures, cancellations and a wrongly a routed service. Reading and Bristol men were conducting them over the Chiltern route, while a few of us at Rugby did the Banbury-Leamington-Coventry-Nuneaton stretch.

Lovely photos by the way - there's something 'right' about lower quadrants against a blue sky.... ;O)

Archived