Help please as I cannot upload photos to any threads

A few weeks agi my son in law upgraded my operating system from Windows XP to Windows 7,

For some reason Windows Explorer will not work so using Google Chrome

The problem is I cannot upload photos to either RMweb or Ebay. On RMweb I get the revolving circle but then I get the failed sign. Them my internet turns off. When I right click on the internet connection icon on the right of the bottom task bar Windows looks for the problem and reinstates the connection stating that the LAN had turned off/closed. It does this also on Ebay.

I can however email photos without any problems, also I can attach a photo to a reply in RMweb Messenger.

Please has anybody any thoughts on the problem

Thanks

I am still having problems, but one thought was that there might be a problem with my LAN cable. So as my old hard drive is till in the computer we swapped hard drives and the only files I could attach were my Templot files. Well it worked so my LAN cable is fine.

Also tried using a different system to Google Chrome so used Comodo Dragon. Still had the same problem where the internet (LAN) connection turned its self off.

Still it kept my son in law busy for the past hour

• RMweb Gold

Hi John,

This may be relevant, or not.

Windows 8 / Internet Explorer in the "Metro" interface does not support Flash, so the RMweb Flash uploader does not work.

You can either change to the Windows 8 "Desktop" interface (if you have installed Flash), or use the basic uploader instead. Below where you click the button to choose the files, there is a link to "Try our basic uploader". Have you tried it?

post-1103-0-15921600-1379236028.png

Martin.

Hi John,

This may be relevant, or not.

Windows 8 / Internet Explorer in the "Metro" interface does not support Flash, so the RMweb Flash uploader does not work.

You can either change to the Windows 8 "Desktop" interface (if you have installed Flash), or use the basic uploader instead. Below where you click the button to choose the files, there is a link to "Try our basic uploader". Have you tried it?

attachicon.gifbasic_uploader.png

Martin.

Don't you have to use IE10 with Windows 8?

Sorry

I have Windows 7 not 8, have tried basic uploader, sadly no luck

First off, what anti virus are you using? If you haven't put one on, try Avast free version http://www.avast.com/en-gb/index - it comes with a software updater as well which makes sure your installed software (except Microsoft) is updated automatically, never a bad thing.

Second thing - are you running SP1? If not, download it http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5842, install it then run Windows updates.

Thirdly - make sure you've got the latest version of Flash http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/  but I don't suggest you download the free McAfee Security scan.

Phil

Oh, and ignore those people who tell you Internet Explorer's rubbish - for domestic use it's as good as Chrome and Firefox and better than Safari, for networks based on Windows Server and Active Directory domains it's the only browser to use as it's the only one Active Directory fully supports and controls - much to the chagrin of the students where I work. They keep trying to install Firefox etc. so they can bypass the AD controls and they find the only browser that works is IE, because we set it that way!

Phil

This problem I now have.

I am getting 'no file selected' when attempting to post.

I have Windows 7, and use Chrome and Firefox.

All went perfectly until Wednesday when this problem started.

I have tried the basic upload-no joy and restarted with a similar result.

Will somebody please advise, and in layman's simple non-jargon language that I can understand, I'm no computer expert.

I might add it did work for one post earlier today so the problem appears intermittent.

Archived