Decals/Tranfers for green diesel numbers in N / 2mm ?

MacRat

Hello all

My intention was to renumber one of the new green Graham Farish class 37. From Fox Transfers I've ordered the "Early Diesel + Electric White Numbering..." sheet FRH2005 and I'm not so impressed. The characters for the numbers 6, 8 and 9 are more or less white blobs, hardly readable. Compared with photos and the excellent original print, the numbers from Fox Transfer seem to have the wrong shape and size, too. They seem to be to small. Did I receive a bad sample? Are there other alternatives available for N scale? I know about Modelmaster, but they don't have the D with the serifs, at least not on the sheets I've ordered.

Your help is much appreciated, as I've already removed one of the original numbers and the fox numbering don't look better when applied.

Mac,

who things he messed up a really good model :(

• RMweb Premium

Hello all

My intention was to renumber one of the new green Graham Farish class 37. From Fox Transfers I've ordered the "Early Diesel + Electric White Numbering..." sheet FRH2005 and I'm not so impressed. The characters for the numbers 6, 8 and 9 are more or less white blobs, hardly readable. Compared with photos and the excellent original print, the numbers from Fox Transfer seem to have the wrong shape and size, too. They seem to be to small. Did I receive a bad sample? Are there other alternatives available for N scale? I know about Modelmaster, but they don't have the D with the serifs, at least not on the sheets I've ordered.

Your help is much appreciated, as I've already removed one of the original numbers and the fox numbering don't look better when applied.

Mac,

who things he messed up a really good model :(

Hi

Have you contacted Fox? They are very good at replacing substandard decals.

The only other option I am aware of is ModelMaster available through the NGS and someone else whos name escapes me.

Cheers

Paul

Hello

Many thanks for your responses, it is much appreciated.

@Paul: I havn't contacted Fox as I didn't know whether it was substandard what I received. But I will try to call Fox next week.

@John: Thank you. I wasn't aware of your products. Your numbers look spot on compared to pictures. I'll give your sheet a try.

Cheers

Mac

See Sheet BL29 at http://www.cctrans.f...uk/products.htm

post-2274-12574284200698_thumb.jpg

post-2274-12574284475887_thumb.jpg

The numbers on the sheet are carefully selected so that pretty well any number can be made up of one or two components.

Regards,

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

The CCT ones are nice and I've used them for all sorts of loco numbers although the number you actually wanted is never the one on the sheet ;)

Did find you need a glossy surface to apply them without the film showing up, then matt over the top so the shortcuts you can do with the fox ones don't work. Doesn't cover the silver electric numbers but definitely a good sheet, and lots on it (I'm still on the first sheet although it now looks like UK government policy [1]).

Alan

[1] It's full of holes and will soon disintegrate entirely

Many thanks, Alan.

I already spotted the pieces that I've to cut out and I'll spray a thin layer of gloss varnish before applying the number, thank you for pointing this out.

And I can reuse it for a second loco.

Mac

Archived