Following the decision to drop Thurso and move the Exeter mock up to the garage has allowed me to refocus and concentrate on the one project again - Meeth.
Having wired it at the last entry this weekend saw the installation of the backscene former. I decided to crack on and glue it in place as otherwise I would have faffed about I am in two minds whether to do a plain blue sky backdrop or use a digital photo as per Kyle. I did find a photo of a Meeth landscape last week on a local estate agents guff for selling a property - I will undertake some trials with that.
This weekend saw the track primed first in grey car primer and then sprayed with a track colour (weathered sleepers) bought recently at a show...however, whilst I was expecting brown it appears to be more a grey colour...not sure how this will look with grey ballast - that needs a rethink
The scenery contours were then formed in 1mm white card to get the rough profiles. Looking at the prototype, there is a gentle slope to the rear with some profiled ground to the front. On top of this I applied a layer of Sculptamold, which I always use since ‘Missy’ Julia tipped me off about it a few years ago. Nice stuff to work with and whilst perhaps not as smooth as Pollyfilla it can be sanded afterwards.
Finally the railheads have been cleaned up and I will retest trains next week.
Next job will probably be to apply some brown paint to the land forms and start with a base of static grass.
Here’s a few pics of progress...
As always, comments welcomed...