Heaton Lodge Junction 7mm 'O' Gauge 1982-5

• RMweb Gold

Could you tell me more about the backscene please, from what I can see in the shots that looks very nice also.

Mike

I'm confused. There does not seem to be a backscene in any of those photos.

Except one photo under the bridge where I think the view beyond is photoshopped.

Absolutely stunning, this is going to be one superb layout when it's completed.

Can't wait to see a rake of MGR's behind a Class 56 or a grotty 40 or 46 on a long parcels train.

Just off to Smiff's to get my copy of BRM

Regards

Chris

Edited by North Eastern

I'm confused. There does not seem to be a backscene in any of those photos.

Except one photo under the bridge where I think the view beyond is photoshopped.

You are right Joseph there isn't a backscene as yet. I replied to Mike on the other thread on Heaton Lodge by mistake.

Paul Bambrick of Bambrick studios is doing a 3D type backscene that will be higher than most. I want to create a total illusion and therefore hide the operators completely. I'm lucky in that the surrounding landscape that Paul will be replicating has not changed since the 1980's one iota.

All the viewing public will hear too (between the sounds of thunderous heavy freight passing by) is the sound of birds singing. Again I remember that vividly from the time. I'm working on a few more surprises that will hopefully raise a few eyebrows.

Once again though the positive comments are very welcome. Thanks. Simon

All the viewing public will hear too (between the sounds of thunderous heavy freight passing by) is the sound of birds singing. Again I remember that vividly from the time.

Simon,

You just need to add the smell of the Calder and you will have the full experience :D

Cheers

Lee

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that picture of the gantry Michael.

The 2 aspect signal head is pretty new being installed only in the last few years. The old 4 aspect one which was present on the far right of the gantry disappeared in the mid 1980's, though the other 4 aspect head which preceded the existing 2 aspect lasted much longer. Take it you're on the TP run?

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm surprised by the lack of recent info on here. Is it still on for Warley 2018? Don't want to wish my time away but I can't wait to see it!

There's a second thread (started by Allan Downes). Might be handy if they were merged.

Layout owner has just rented an enormous space to accommodate the layout.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

There's a second thread (started by Allan Downes). Might be handy if they were merged.

Layout owner has just rented an enormous space to accommodate the layout.

Thanks Joseph. Can you direct me to it please.

• 1 year later...