Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

new topic deleted

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chaz

chaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,135 posts
  • LocationEastleigh Hampshire

Posted 11 September 2017 - 20:36

I have just posted a new topic only to have it deleted by a moderator. Is it possible to find out what was wrong with it please?

I have re-read the text and it doesn't appear to include anything controversial or offensive. Help, please!

Chaz

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 chaz

chaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:36

Very odd indeed. Yesterday I started a topic called "Econami  - does the current keeper only do the sound". Shortly after I had a notification that said "A moderator has deleted 'Econami  - does the current keeper only do the sound' ". However the topic is still there and indeed received a reply.

Odd. I can only assume that some sort of software glitch happened - there is certainly nothing in the posting to make it worthy of being deleted.

Chaz

#3 BG John

BG John

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,584 posts
  • LocationWest Wales

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:43

I think I saw it appear twice in View New Content, so maybe you created it twice by mistake.

#4 Pannier Tank

Pannier Tank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Location1E - Bletchley

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:51

I have just posted a new topic only to have it deleted by a moderator. Is it possible to find out what was wrong with it please?

I see you have found it.

http://www.rmweb.co....y-do-the-sound/

Edited by Pannier Tank, 12 September 2017 - 08:52 .

#5 chaz

chaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:11

I think I saw it appear twice in View New Content, so maybe you created it twice by mistake.

AH HA - I never thought of that. That would explain it and it would be easy to do..... Silly me.

• Like x 1

#6 Mod4

Mod4

• Moderators
  • 3,606 posts
  • LocationMilliway's

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:24

Yes the topic was duplicated so one version of it was deleted, hence the notification you received.  Duplication can sometimes occur either if the site hangs a little at the time of posting or you accidentally double click the post button.

• Informative/Useful x 4
  • Thanks x 1

#7 Huw Griffiths

Huw Griffiths

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationCwmbran

Posted 14 September 2017 - 13:13

Duplication can sometimes occur … if the site hangs a little at the time of posting …

I wonder if multiple postings of status updates might have a similar cause.

Not complaining, you understand - just curious.

Huw.

Edited by Huw Griffiths, 14 September 2017 - 13:24 .

#8 Talltim

Talltim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,595 posts
  • LocationChesterfield

Posted 14 September 2017 - 13:26

I always get an error when posting status updates (even tho it works), and I don't think it's just me. I suspect people try again when they get the error, hence the double posts
  • Informative/Useful x 1

#9 Huw Griffiths

Huw Griffiths

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationCwmbran

Posted 14 September 2017 - 13:33

I always get an error when posting status updates (even tho it works), and I don't think it's just me. I suspect people try again when they get the error, hence the double posts

I generally get those as well - but I don't try again, preferring to hit the "refresh".

Despite this, I seem to recall having one or two "multi-posts" myself - and promptly deleting them. Saying that, I haven't had many of them.

Huw.
  • Agree x 1