new topic deleted

chaz

I have just posted a new topic only to have it deleted by a moderator. Is it possible to find out what was wrong with it please?

I have re-read the text and it doesn't appear to include anything controversial or offensive. Help, please!

Chaz

Very odd indeed. Yesterday I started a topic called "Econami  - does the current keeper only do the sound". Shortly after I had a notification that said "A moderator has deleted 'Econami  - does the current keeper only do the sound' ". However the topic is still there and indeed received a reply.

Odd. I can only assume that some sort of software glitch happened - there is certainly nothing in the posting to make it worthy of being deleted.

Chaz

• RMweb Premium

I have just posted a new topic only to have it deleted by a moderator. Is it possible to find out what was wrong with it please?

I see you have found it.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126162-econami-does-the-current-keeper-only-do-the-sound/

Edited by Pannier Tank

I think I saw it appear twice in View New Content, so maybe you created it twice by mistake.

AH HA - I never thought of that. That would explain it and it would be easy to do..... Silly me.

• Like 1

Yes the topic was duplicated so one version of it was deleted, hence the notification you received.  Duplication can sometimes occur either if the site hangs a little at the time of posting or you accidentally double click the post button.

• RMweb Gold

Duplication can sometimes occur … if the site hangs a little at the time of posting …

I wonder if multiple postings of status updates might have a similar cause.

Not complaining, you understand - just curious.

Huw.

Edited by Huw Griffiths

• RMweb Gold

I always get an error when posting status updates (even tho it works), and I don't think it's just me. I suspect people try again when they get the error, hence the double posts

I generally get those as well - but I don't try again, preferring to hit the "refresh".

Despite this, I seem to recall having one or two "multi-posts" myself - and promptly deleting them. Saying that, I haven't had many of them.

Huw.