Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Luke i like the ballasting and the building of the hut, the grass work looks just right. Great modelling on the wagon Luke and enjoy your weekend.:)

So the layout has arrived in one piece and after quite a chilly night ive got the layout to run alright. The track, wheels and pickups were all cleaned. The wagon isn't running very well so ive put that away until I can get home to a proper tool box and have a look at it. My only equipment which ive brought with me is a track rubber, screw driver, a piece of card and a small piece of plywood. Who says you cant take a layout camping?! ;) post-32204-0-79010500-1527330179_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Luke your little layout looks great and I love the little loco. Great work on taking your layout into the great outdoors.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Suddenly im back into the world of GCSE exams and revision. At least it'll all be over by next friday. :) I haven't really done much on the layout apart from take some close ups of it. Here are some of the close ups: post-32204-0-51460500-1528221015_thumb.jpgpost-32204-0-72415400-1528221039_thumb.jpg After speaking to a fellow 009 modeller, he mentioned that there should be a foot crossing to the hut. After some persuasion I agreed with him and he very kindly did an 'artists impression' for me. ;)post-32204-0-42712500-1528221149.jpg Anyway, I've got that to do then i will be taking the layout on the NYMR at the weekend for a bit of a laugh with some friends. I'll make sure that I take some pictures of it to show you. Thanks for looking. :)

• Like 4

Looks good. I look forward to seeing a picture of the layout operating on the NYMR. Perhaps we should challenge you to photograph it at certain locations along the line.

that sounds like an I interesting challenge.... Challenge accepted. I will actually be working in the mpd on saturday but getting the train to and from it. Any requests for particular locations?

that sounds like an I interesting challenge.... Challenge accepted. I will actually be working in the mpd on saturday but getting the train to and from it. Any requests for particular locations?

Ok - I will give you five locations to be getting on with - varied difficulty.

1) Pickering platform

2) Grosmont Coaling tower.

3) Loco running plate.

4) Inside a loco's firebox (obviously one without a fire in it!!)

5) Newtondale Halt platform

How about those?

5) 

Ok - I will give you five locations to be getting on with - varied difficulty.

1) Pickering platform

2) Grosmont Coaling tower.

3) Loco running plate.

4) Inside a loco's firebox (obviously one without a fire in it!!)

5) Newtondale Halt platform

How about those?

5)

Im up for the challenge! I think i can do everything except on newtondale halt platform as there is quite a wait between trains. Everything else should be fine I think. Putting the layout in a firebox might be interesting!

Guest ShildonShunter

Nice pictures Luke I really like this little layout and I will be looking forward to seeing your adventures with the layout.:)

Im up for the challenge! I think i can do everything except on newtondale halt platform as there is quite a wait between trains. Everything else should be fine I think. Putting the layout in a firebox might be interesting!

I thought number 4 and 5 would be the hardest of the five.

Quick little update, i have installed a basic wooden crossing. This was made out of coffee stirrers and was glued down with some pva glue. Im still to weather it.post-32204-0-43908800-1528269025_thumb.jpg As a bit of an experiment, I laid stuck another coat of static grass down on top of the current layer. This has been a success and a failure I think. The success is that it looks much more wild and real but the failure is that certain areas have matted together and gone flat ans it looks like the colour pigment from the red fibres have leaked slightly. No big deal but a bit annoying. post-32204-0-42444200-1528269185_thumb.jpg Anyway, I'll keep you posted and thanks for looking. :)

• Like 3

Well the layout survived its 'adventure' yesterday and made it back in pretty much one piece. In the morning i accidently broke the loco's coupling off so it couldnt pull the wagon. A bit of a homer simpson "dope!" moment as I had spent a fair bit of time getting the wagon just right so it could run then I go and break the coupling which it needs. With no super glue to hand I had to let the loco loose as a light engine for the day. Anyway, here are some of the photos. Firstly, welcome to pickering.post-32204-0-73195900-1528621527_thumb.jpg I did the layout running on the train to grosmont and ive got a couple of videos of that which I will put on youtube at a later date. Next up is grosmont coaling tower.post-32204-0-16381700-1528621624_thumb.jpgpost-32204-0-05141100-1528621642_thumb.jpg The next place the layout was put was on the running of the recently over hauled j27. The loco dwarfs the layout so I have taken a few photos. The layout is just above the right buffer by the way.post-32204-0-08960800-1528621748_thumb.jpgpost-32204-0-76454700-1528621762_thumb.jpgpost-32204-0-90928200-1528621782_thumb.jpg And for the grand finale, the firebox. I chose to put the layout in the firebox of the q6 63395, one of my favorite locos of all time.post-32204-0-27802200-1528621844_thumb.jpgpost-32204-0-22009100-1528621863_thumb.jpg That's the conclusion of this adventure and I look forward to the next one!

post-32204-0-50272500-1528621643_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Well the layout survived its 'adventure' yesterday and made it back in pretty much one piece. In the morning i accidently broke the loco's coupling off so it couldnt pull the wagon. A bit of a homer simpson "dope!" moment as I had spent a fair bit of time getting the wagon just right so it could run then I go and break the coupling which it needs. With no super glue to hand I had to let the loco loose as a light engine for the day. Anyway, here are some of the photos. Firstly, welcome to pickering.attachicon.gifWP_20180609_17_39_30_Pro.jpg I did the layout running on the train to grosmont and ive got a couple of videos of that which I will put on youtube at a later date. Next up is grosmont coaling tower.attachicon.gifWP_20180609_13_10_21_Pro.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20180609_13_10_36_Pro.jpg The next place the layout was put was on the running of the recently over hauled j27. The loco dwarfs the layout so I have taken a few photos. The layout is just above the right buffer by the way.attachicon.gifWP_20180609_13_11_49_Pro.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20180609_13_11_59_Pro.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20180609_13_12_15_Pro.jpg And for the grand finale, the firebox. I chose to put the layout in the firebox of the q6 63395, one of my favorite locos of all time.attachicon.gifWP_20180609_13_15_50_Pro.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20180609_13_16_03_Pro.jpg That's the conclusion of this adventure and I look forward to the next one!

Wow. Excellent stuff. Shame about the coupling. I look forward to seeing the YouTube videos. Please share the link when you have done them. Next time you are out I am sure some of your RMWeb friends can set you further photographic challenges.

Guest ShildonShunter

Luke thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures of your layout when you have been out and about.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,the last visit to the NYMR was quite a success as I managed to take all but one of the required pictures. I still need to take one of the layout at newtondale halt which is what i intend to do on my next visit. I'm currently planning my next trip which will be later this week so do any of you have any more photo requests? I wont be working so some shots will be difficult to get but the newtondale halt shot will be a definite. The nice weather as well should make an enjoyable day out too.