Luke,

https://www.roco.cc/en/product/243573-0-0_1000_0-1-0-0-0-002-1/products.html

The Roco website suggests a 218mm minimum radius for this shunter.So it should be ok on Peco 009 set track 9in rad curves.

ahhh, that's very helpful, thanks. After some testing I've managed to squeeze it round 15cm radius curves of bent Peco flex track. Seems to run quite happily round them just need to get some wagons sorted for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I keep coming back to this layout. It currently lives in one of the draws in my bedside table and after having a sort out I got the layout out. It currently lives in its box. I had always struggled to achieve perfect running on this layout but it's one of my favourite layouts I've ever built so a bit sad to see it packed up in its box in a draw. I can't even remember the last time a train completed a lap on it. After looking at it I decided to check the gauge of the track with my set of callipers. Suffice to say that the gauge varied between 8mm and 10mm which is the equivalent to 7.6cm difference in the real world. Definitely enough to derail a train in real life (from my own experiences!! ) So I can blame faulty track and dirty electrics for the faulty running. Dirty electrics are easy to solve but the track would have to be relaid which isn't ideal but necessary. I'd love to get this layout running again so I'll see what I can do, having a easily portable layout was great fun and is something entirely different to anything else I've ever really done. I'll attach an overall shot which should hopefully show the dodgy track work.1549746084846736503263.jpg.3a5d45a4d59a4756f1059930ed6c76eb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

So whilst I plan a slightly larger micro to fit into my student house (hopefully more on that another time) I thought I'd rebuild this tiny layout. I can't wait for the Bachmann quarry hunslets so when they come out I'm sure one will end up on this micro. Before leaving for uni I had stripped the baseboard (if you can really call it that) and rebuilt the loop of track. My KBscale rail bender (available through Light Railway Stores) was essential for this as I removed the rails, bent them and rethread the tracks back through the sleepers. Now the trackwork it perfectly in gauge compared to the first iteration of this layout. Ballast was woodland scenics fine grey and test runs have been completed by a Kato 11-109 chassis with a 3d printed railbus body from ebay. The plan is to keep in with the light railway vibes with maybe a small halt or a parked up landrover in the centre with a small tree or two for some height relief. IMG_20210715_205815097.jpg.820b616ce453e05c08df66ba47fd6fa3.jpg

• Like 2