Backscene supplier?

I'm getting nowhere in my search for a backscene, either because I'm searching with the wrong terms or because what I'm after doesn't exist.

All I need is a representation of a rural or semi-rural environment, roughly 16ft long, 12in high, and flexible enough to bend round a radius of about 18". Presumably I'll need to stick this to a backing, for which I'm guessing I could use plastic card, because it'll be fixed only along the base. I would however need to be very careful with the joins in the plastic card sections.

Painting something onto a suitable backing is a non-starter, so the question is - does anybody anywhere actually make something suitable or which I could adapt, or do I have to do some serious lateral thinking here?

ETA - this is 00, btw.

Edited by spikey

• RMweb Premium

I'm getting nowhere in my search for a backscene, either because I'm searching with the wrong terms or because what I'm after doesn't exist.All I need is a representation of a rural or semi-rural environment, roughly 16ft long, 12in high, and flexible enough to bend round a radius of about 18". Presumably I'll need to stick this to a backing, for which I'm guessing I could use plastic card, because it'll be fixed only along the base. I would however need to be very careful with the joins in the plastic card sections.Painting something onto a suitable backing is a non-starter, so the question is - does anybody anywhere actually make something suitable or which I could adapt, or do I have to do some serious lateral thinking here?ETA - this is 00, btw.

I have to assume you've tried the usual suspects but I would have thought ID Backscenes (search online) have something to suit. Also try peterosbornebackscenes.co.uk - a slightly different approach but well worth a look.

• RMweb Premium

I have to assume you've tried the usual suspects but I would have thought ID Backscenes (search online) have something to suit. . . . . .

Don't be put off by their stock sizes of 9" & 15" high. They will produce to any size (within reason obviously) and they even printed the sheets at a slight angle to go alongside a long incline on our club O gauge layout.