Bromsgrove Models

russellwar

I have placed severall orders with Bromsgrove models.They have some fantastic offers and the service is exemplary.

Definately a shop to support, good website detail and has never let me down , goods delivered next day.

what more can you ask for.

Russ whittle

• RMweb Gold

My first ever order with the firm was last weekend. Service second to none. Switch 8 DCC accessory decoder arrived well packed and the day after posting. So impressed that I placed another internet order today. Certainly 10 out of 10.

Archie

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have started to use Bromsgrove recently after an initial enquiry about NCE failed to get a response. Since that small hiccup, the service has been first class, prices are very good and I am sorry that John is winding down the business. Clearly he is a man that not only is very knowledgeable in his field but also believes in quality customer service. Sadly, I fear that the advent of "pile it high, sell it cheap" web-based marketing will mean the demise of businesses operating to the standards that John provides.

I have started to use Bromsgrove recently after an initial enquiry about NCE failed to get a response. Since that small hiccup, the service has been first class, prices are very good and I am sorry that John is winding down the business. Clearly he is a man that not only is very knowledgeable in his field but also believes in quality customer service. Sadly, I fear that the advent of "pile it high, sell it cheap" web-based marketing will mean the demise of businesses operating to the standards that John provides.

I'm not sure why you didn't get a response to an enquiry (which I assume was to us!).  I always reply to emails but sometimes it is impossible to respond to telephone messages if customers speak quickly and/or indistinctly - it sometimes takes several attempts to ascertain telephone numbers but occasionally even that doesn't resolve the issue and I have to give up (or dial the wrong number!!).

Sadly I am closing the business down for health rather than economic reasons - we've actually been doing rather well in the last couple of years but I had to give up shows when DVT was added to a growing list of problems which are ongoing.

• 1 month later...

Had a couple of good ordering experiences with Bromsgrove recently. Recommended.

Note there's a rather nicely priced (under 20 notes) Hornby Kitchen Third matchboard Pullman - would have bought it (for spares) but wrong buffers for my BR fleet. Postage a bit on the steep side compared to outlets (whether mailorder or brick), but with the clearence offers ongoing, bargain and very good service.

Happy retirement, and I look forward to using the website if (when) I eventually go DCC.

Archived