Westquay - Last loco tour ready to depart

SparxD428

And so today the last loco tour , or probably last train ever tour has arrived at Westquay fittingly behind 50004/020.

Arrival and run round, they now sit waiting for the last RA.

Then the dismantling can begin and a new dawn start, as I have made the decision to build that new layout, and make it DCC, with point motors, colour light signals etc., in fact everything I think that I should now be doing. If I don't jump now I never will. it will probably be around 6 months before anything takes shape and I am not going to rush this one, but will start a new thread in good time.

And of course finish this one with the impending last departure in the near future.

Cheers for all the support,

Stu.

post-5142-0-02924800-1423422642_thumb.jpg

post-5142-0-78125000-1423422650_thumb.jpg

post-5142-0-45821900-1423422660_thumb.jpg

post-5142-0-03855500-1423422669_thumb.jpg

post-5142-0-72472500-1423422679_thumb.jpg

post-5142-0-29437100-1423422688_thumb.jpg

post-5142-0-37221600-1423422698_thumb.jpg

Thanks Andy.

Well, it took 6 years to build, and 24 hours to "decommission". Westquay is no more and its weird having a garage again without a railway.

I did run the last tour out and will upload the pics another time.

Well, the bull was grabbed and now I need to go all out to strip and recycle as much as I can. Bought a shed so the gardening stuff can at least be removed from the garage, that will arrive next week so keep me busy. Thanks to all who followed my thread, I will still update it a little to announce my new venture, though it will be a short while at least before that gets off the ground.

Oh, and I will hope to copy and post the last tour pics.

Cheers,

Stu.

Thanks all - yes Scott, I will try and avoid the temptation. Although the proposed layout size seems to be shrinking due to other factors I forgot to take into account. Will probably be 12'6" x 6'6" now so I really need to get the planning right. Also as I propose DCC, point motors , Electrofrog etc. as it all new to me i don't actually have any of these items that would cause me to rush a build, and i am damned if i ripped up Westquay just to build something similar in 12V and insulfrog !

On a lighter note today I painted half the garage walls,and added a second spotlight to the dark end of the garage, which took some doing due to how this house is wired, so i have an external cable on the garage ceiling with 2 spotlights now mounted on 18mm slim wood blocks to enable this. Option 2 was to do it properly by ripping up the bedroom floorboards to access the joists nd route correctly, or rip out the ceiling in the garage. As its only the garage this wasn't an option.

Tomorrow a shed is arriving so if it comes early enough and the weather stays fine i could have Mrs.P's gardening stuff out of the garage by teatime !

Cheers,

Stu.

• 1 month later...

After weeks of labouring and a fortune spent at well known DIY stores, main baseboards are constructed 12' x 8' in size.

A new thread will appear soon for the new layout. Although there is not going to be a lot to add just yet.

Cheers,

Stu.

• 7 months later...

I bumped into SparxD428 when he came into where I worked and he noticed my screen saver of my own layout. He said he was retiring his layout and I could read all about it here. I didn't realise there was so much on it so it has taken time to wade through it all. But having done so over the last 6 weeks it really shows just how mature this layout has become and it seems a shame to retire it but I guess one must move on.

Without the many photos it would be difficult to appreciate the progress and the constant improvements. One really great touch is the bloke leaning out of the carriage window. I wish I'd thought of that.

I hope more modellers read this topic. Truly inspirational. Look forward to reading/viewing the photos of the new one. And if it exists then please point me to the new thread.

Den

Archived