Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
- - - - -

WAG Area (South) - Peter Waterman Evening.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Penlan

Penlan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,373 posts
  • LocationOn the very edge of Europe - west Cornwall

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:02

The Monmouthshire Railway Society (MRS) presents 'An Evening with Pete Waterman', on June 3rd 2011, at the University of Wales, City Campus, Usk Way, Newport, in the Lecture Theatre A15.

Admission for MRS members £2, non-members £5 on the door, refreshments during a break and due to finish around 10pm.

There's a web site for the MRS at www.mrsoc.org.uk

So for those of us who are traveling into Wales for either the BaBa's RFU match or the WRRC AGM, there's something to do on Friday evening now, well apart from sourcing Brain's.

This info., is from the WRRC's notice of AGM booklet, received today!
Pity, if I had known earlier I would have booked a hotel nearer Newport, rather than Cardiff.

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#2 'CHARD

'CHARD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,334 posts
  • LocationA pre-eminent architectural neoavant-garde railway campus of the 1960s opened by Barbara Castle while she had a Scottish closure proposal in her handbag.

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:40

Sounds a thought-provoking evening, that, Pete's never what you'd call a tame guest!

However, I can't see a start time, only Carriages at Ten. ;)

#3 Penlan

Penlan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,373 posts
  • LocationOn the very edge of Europe - west Cornwall

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:42

My apologies, 7.pm, nearby free parking starts at 6.30pm.

The WRRC details for Saturday are here (a bit more added) http://www.rmweb.co....273#entry399273
  • Like x 1

#4 chrisf

chrisf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,692 posts
  • LocationBedford

Posted 19 May 2011 - 15:49

Pete Waterman spoke to Stevenage Locomotive Society last year. He was very entertaining but doesn't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Chris