Tolworth Showtrain 2011

Saturday 12th November 10am - 5.30pm

Sunday 13th November 10am - 5.00pm

Tolworth Recreation Centre

Fullers Way North

Tolworth, Surrey

KT6 7LQ

Remember to mark your diary for Tolworth Showtrain

This year we have a wide range of layouts, demonstrations and traders to suit all tastes.

There will also be the usual bus connection with the show from Surbiton Station and there is ample free parking at TRC as well as additional parking at Advantage Day Nursery, 100yards down Red Lion Road from show - Follow road signs

LAYOUTS AND DEMONSTRATIONS

West Tilgate N BR(S)

Thurston 4mm BR (ER)

Portchullin 4mm BR(ScR)

Invergeachy 7mm FSR

Edwards Junction and Thomas End 4mm Sodor

Springfield Spa GWR 2mm GWR

East Grinstead Town 4mm LBSCR

Ferring 4mm LBSCR

Normandy Junction 7mm British

Hampton Court Model Railway Society Stand and Society layout Hamworthy

Orwell St John's 4mm BR

Neerley Dunne 4mm LBSCR

Thirdly LMS 4mm LMS

Kempton and Hampton 009 MWB

Coyote Creek Railroad 3.5mm U.S.A.

Stoney Hill West 3.5mm U.S.A.

Bouviers Peak 7mm U.S.A.

Groenen Creek 7mm USA Logging

Moose Creek Canyon N USA

Cheddar S&DJR

Gauge O Guild 7mm British

Trade

Addlestone Model Centre,

Albert Goodall,

Barry Jones,

Ceynix Railway Trees,

DC Kits & D E Videos,

Dean Sidings,

Freestone Model Accessories,

Kent Garden Railways,

Kevin Robertson Books,

L.S.W.R. Models,

Masterpiece from Falcon Figures,

Medway Queen Preservation Society,

Mike Thorp Photos,

Railway Correspondence and Travel Society,

Realistic Modelling Services,

Richard's Spares,

Roxey Mouldings,

Smallbrook Studios,

Steam Age,

Steam Powered Video,

Sunningwell Command Control Ltd,

Tools 2000,

Videolines,

Wessex Wagons,

Winco

COme and have a great day out.

Yep, looking forward to trekking south to join up with the Thurston team. A few traders I don't see often there as well.

As JonHall has pointed out on my WB, quite possibly the largest gathering of scratchbuilt ferry vans ever.

Looking forward to seeing Thurston as it's a layout i've not seen yet. Also very interested in the scratchbuilt ferry vans.

Andy thanks for putting this on - I thought that I had started a thread, but it appears I only managed to put the entry into the calendar - I wonder what I did wrong?

J

For those who hav'nt been to Tolworth, there is normally a good mix of Traders and some quality layouts, very busy on Saturday but Sunday is great for looking at layouts.

Much to my relief the free bus service from Surbiton Sation to Tolworth Showtrain has finally been resolved - it was all looking a it iffy at one point... The timetable is on our website at www.tolworthshowtrain.co.uk

If you are one of the lucky ones to have a TfL freedom pass you can of course get the train for free from anywhere in London to Surbiton, and then either take our free bus right to the shows doorstep, or the K1, K4 or 71 buses, with a 5 minute walk at the Tolworth end.

Jon

As JonHall has pointed out on my WB, quite possibly the largest gathering of scratchbuilt ferry vans ever.

Anyone interested in scratchbuilding ferry vans or any other rolling stock come to that should check out the Barrowmore website, where they have uploaded a range of vehicle diagram books in pdf format. Very useful information.

Do we know what type of bus they will be running this year Jon.?

It's a quite likely to be a relatively modern coach - we have had to change supplier this year, as the one who did last years couldn't make it - I wonder if the memory of the idiot driver that crashed their car into the back of his bright red bus whilst it was stationary at a bus stop had anything to do with it?

Still its a free ride every 30 minutes from Surbiton Station, which has 8 trains an hour from central London, so there is no excuse for not getting here.

Jon

Just to say I am looking forward to being there.

Mind you Jon, you did give me a panic attack with all these videos. I thought for a moment they were recordings of Tolworth 2011 and thus I had failed to turn up!!! I was mightly releived to find that they were from elsewhere - phew!!

It's a quite likely to be a relatively modern coach - we have had to change supplier this year, as the one who did last years couldn't make it - I wonder if the memory of the idiot driver that crashed their car into the back of his bright red bus whilst it was stationary at a bus stop had anything to do with it?

Still its a free ride every 30 minutes from Surbiton Station, which has 8 trains an hour from central London, so there is no excuse for not getting here.

Jon

It's a shame it couldn't be the Routemaster. They are always a popular choice for free buses. At least we will have a bus to offer. Maybe we should put a big sign on the back saying "THIS IS A BIG HEAVY BUS DO NOT HIT!!!" :D

....If you are one of the lucky ones to have a TfL freedom pass you can of course get the train for free from anywhere in London to Surbiton, and then either take our free bus right to the shows doorstep, or the K1, K4 or 71 buses, with a 5 minute walk at the Tolworth end.

If you have a valid Travelcard (weekly, monthly etc.) on your Oystercard, then bus travel is also effectively free regardless of the Travelcard zone you're in. That's what I find, anyway.....

A few photo's (thanks to Highland Man) of last nights set up, with some of the layouts that have already arrived.

Sorry there are no captions, but RMweb was sulking last night when I tried to post these, and I'm afraid I don't have time this morning, perhaps you can have a guess the layout competition, or better still come to the show and see them in the flesh...

post-336-0-18394300-1321084916.jpg

post-336-0-96383600-1321084913.jpg

post-336-0-35453300-1321084809.jpg

post-336-0-97917900-1321084810.jpg

post-336-0-72853500-1321084812.jpg

post-336-0-27729100-1321084814.jpg

post-336-0-20352600-1321084816.jpg

post-336-0-36618300-1321084818.jpg

post-336-0-41234300-1321084820.jpg

post-336-0-47068800-1321084822.jpg

Archived