Collecting Lima N gauge / Help with catalogue numbers

NeilMac

I am slowly collecting Lima N gauge rolling stock from the 1970's.

I have also collected many of the catalogues and am attempting to make sense of them. Now I do know that some of the items shown in the catalogue were never released (e.g. J50 Loco), but what I have also found is inconsistencies in the catalogue numbers used from year to year. The numbers that I have found which seem to have different items allocated to them, with the catalogue years that show the differences are;

#461 73-74=Twin Tank Cement Wagon/FF SS, 1976=Closed Van/Ovomaltine

#468 73-74=Refridgerator Van/Transfesa, 1976=Refridgerator Van/Lederer Brau

#471 73-74=Refridgerator Van/Kronenbourg, 1976=Refridgerator Van/Tuborg

#320602 78-79=7 Plank Wagon/Glasshoughton, 80-81=7 Plank Wagon/Black Park

#320604 78-79=7 Plank Wagon/Oxford District Gas Co, 80-81=7 Plank Wagon/Barrow Barnsley

Is there any concencus amongst lima collectors as to which are the correct numbers and descriptions - or is this just a genuine reuse of the numbers that we have to live with?

Also, are there any web sites out there dealing with the Lima N gauge range and/or the collecting of these models? I have found some for HO/OO, but nothing really for N.

Adrian,

I am interested in all Lima N gauge, although I do find myself concentrating on certain wagon types as there are so many missing from my collection and I usually only get two or three a month.

As most of the catalogues that I do have do not cover the North American models in great detail my list of what was available is less complete.

I would like to get a gallery of my collection so far on my website, but this may be some time off before I manage to get organised to create it.

Somewhere in my collection I have a F45/FP45 loco (which is not the greatest loco - having the Lima mini-pancake drive) and a bunch of heavyweight coaches (the coach and RPO-combine are reasonable representations of PRR prototypes). I think I also have one of the Plymouth shunters, although that one is sufficiently oversized that it has gone into the box of fodder for a potential OO narrow gauge layout.

http://www.visi.com/...trainstuff.html is a good resource for what was available - Mark basically has a comprehensive listing of every type of loco and freight car made by any manufacturer for the North American market, as well as an overview of the coaches.

Adrian

Archived