Masterclass Models N gauge GWR coaches

Karhedron

I have just stumbled across news that Masterclass Models are producing a limited edition range of N gauge GWR Collett coach kits. The range of diagrams looks very impressive (to the point that I am uncertain which ones to actually get).

I wonder what a typical 4-car bristol local set would look like?

http://www.masterclass-models.com/id1.html

That looks to be a bit of a "feast" no less than potentially 23 coaches (plus diagram variations?) it makes glad me to not be a N gauge modeller :no:.

At least I see you have until 15th March to agonise over priorities.

I assume a 4-coach set implies some kind(s) of variation(s) on an 'M' set theme - Brake 3rd/Third/Compo/Brake 3rd.

I might be tempted by a corridor set plus a non-corridor set although that would be a wallet-basher.

I also see that the later larger windowed stock is promised in the future - will that cause further problems or give the opportunity for running typical "non-matching" sets.

Not being an N gauge modeller, how much do the extras required to complete cost? I'm just curious how it compares to the cost of a Comet 4mm coach.

Ommission error

• RMweb Premium

Remember these are 2mm coaches rather than n gauge.

The extras required would be the wheels and couplings. From the 2mm association the wheels would come in at 80p per axle. The coupling would be dependant on what you used.

The other coach kits that I have built from Masterclass do go together very nicely but there are small bits (door handles are very easy to loose!). Have a look at my work bench thread for more details on my builds of the Toplights.

Archived