The End of The Line 0-14 and 0 GOES ON..........

Giles

the scenics are more or less done - just a bit of tidging to do - and the dreaded fiddle yard to build.

Another 0-14 loco to build, as well as another RC lorry........

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9206.jpg

IMG_9216.jpg

IMG_9174.jpg

IMG_9167.jpg

Those trees realistic just doesn't give them enough praise. Better than the standard and among the best I have ever seen. I particularly like their placement and especially the one by the bridge.

Thank you all - very much!!!! and thank you Missy for that link - that is most useful.... to put it mildly!

There's still the odd oil barrel to locate and place, and fun things like that - but meanwhile....

IMG_9232.jpg

IMG_9250.jpg

IMG_9227.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the Yorkshire (with her twin sister - sometime for Ebay, or similar - I took two kits as part payment when I did the patterns)

There is also a Sevenscale Pug, and a W & U Tram (which is not likely to make it onto this layout!). I've pre-ordered a Dapol 08 which I'm looking forward to...

All my loco's are compensated, with the front axle rocking (on a centre bar). This give perfect wheel contact, and constant ride-height. It's never given me any trouble, and I've found it easy to do.....

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9366.jpg

IMG_9373.jpg

IMG_9375.jpg

From heavy-weights to fly-weights.... A little Lister nearing completion. An stunning little kit from KB Scale. The slightly awkward bit has been to find space for a decoder (which I have, but I'll re-fit it after painting)

IMG_9383.jpg

IMG_9384.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Lovely model Giles.

A friend built one of these (the original Roy Link) kit several years ago and was a great loco.

Where have you managed to squeeze the decoder?

Which one are you using?

Looking forward to seeing these one finished!

The decoder is nestling under the rear buffer beam (having been carved out, and the chassis block shortened) and it's a CT DCX74zD. I think there is now one a fraction smaller now made - but it's pretty small!

In September, Chris Nevard in kindly coming to to a photo and video shoot (ow it's basically finished) for Model Rail, so that should be nice to see.......

I might do another little vid myself now it's done as well ( the last one it only being half finished......)

Archived