The End of The Line 0-14 and 0 GOES ON..........

Giles

Hi Simon,

Thanks! The backscene is 'bendy' MDF (6mm), and I painted directly on it. First I primed it with white aerosol primer, all over, and then sprayed in grey primer, lightly from the top, so it was denser at the top, fading to white at the bottom (irregularly, both in shape and density) so it quite naturally looked like depressing, over-cast cloud formations. If I overdid the grey at all, I could go over it with the white again..... I then dry-sponged in a few white cloud high-lights, here and there.

It was very simple, and quite 'risk free', inso far as if you didn't like a bit, you could spray back over it.

Luckily Giles and Mrs Giles did spot me at Telford and I was really privileged to have a play with the R/C lorry. Giles happened to mention he'd got his controller with him so it was jumpers for goalposts to mark out an area of the floor in the middle of the hall with two overgrown schoolboys playing with a toy. It's absolutely brilliant; lovely control and superbly thought through. I then looked up and saw a square of people gathered around us who'd stopped for a nosey.

Certainly food for thought and it's probably the most fun I've had at a show for while!

It was a real pleasure to meet you in the flesh! At least we got away without being banned for playing with 'toy cars'....... Great show, but came away with an un-planned Brassmasters 04, which made it an expensive day (although it was a bargain at £175)

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

'The End of The Line' is making it's first appearance at ExpoNG at Swanley on Saturday 27th Oct.

There will only be one RC truck running until next year, though...... :-)

Very good news, I'll look forward to that. Do you know which hall you're in yet?

Mark

My Mum always said that I'd come to no good.... Still, I hear they're letting me out next weekend to Peterborough - if I'm good, and don't upset Nurse again, so I'll apologise then (if anyone's still talking to me...)

• 2 weeks later...

'The End of The Line' is haing it's first outing tomorrow, at ExpoNG, Swanley (Saturday 27th Oct)

I'm rather hoping everything works, and it's practical to operate, and that I don't crash the truck too often.......

'The End of The Line' is haing it's first outing tomorrow, at ExpoNG, Swanley (Saturday 27th Oct)

I'm rather hoping everything works, and it's practical to operate, and that I don't crash the truck too often.......

Giles

Good luck with the show tomorrow. I'm sure 'The End of The Line' will go down very well. Sorry I won't be able to make it to Swanley - bit far for me from the West Country - as I would love to see this fantastic layout.

Stephen

I'm absolutely delighted to say that The End of The Line won The David Lloyd Memorial Trophy at ExpoNG yesterday - a real honour, and genuine surprise...... So a big thank you to everyone involved!

The layout was very labour intensive to operate, but fun - and attracted constant interest with constant tipping, and the truck motoring around........ Future shows, we may need extra volunteer operators.

Archived