Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

1988 South Eastern Division Oct

merlin46

• RMweb Gold

SED! There's a name! Officially, BR Divisions died in mid-1984, replaced by Two-Tier, which consisted of Regions and Areas. Divisions had increasingly become the middle-ground between the two, so they were easy to cut out. I had a number of jobs on SED between 1975 and closure - leaving my job there as Operating Assistant in April 1984, to be Senior Planner, Systems at RHQ Waterloo - basically the Region's infrastructure planner.

Always good to see SED pics at any age. That de-icer, incidentally, was most likely equipped for sandite duties in October. Once all the leaves had been dispersed, the M&EE chaps would have had to do a quick conversion to de-icing configuration before the first frosts. I remember the late Allan Barter, Divisional Traction Engineer, explaining that if frosts arrived early they could be in a real dilemma!

More, please!

SED! There's a name! Officially, BR Divisions died in mid-1984, replaced by Two-Tier, which consisted of Regions and Areas. Divisions had increasingly become the middle-ground between the two, so they were easy to cut out. I had a number of jobs on SED between 1975 and closure - leaving my job there as Operating Assistant in April 1984, to be Senior Planner, Systems at RHQ Waterloo - basically the Region's infrastructure planner.

Always good to see SED pics at any age. That de-icer, incidentally, was most likely equipped for sandite duties in October. Once all the leaves had been dispersed, the M&EE chaps would have had to do a quick conversion to de-icing configuration before the first frosts. I remember the late Allan Barter, Divisional Traction Engineer, explaining that if frosts arrived early they could be in a real dilemma!

More, please!

Hi Olddudders

There are more in pipeline, but you will have to be patient :no:

Tim

Archived