The end is here - what next?

BromsMods

We are intending to close the commercial part of the business on Friday 22nd March.  (One reason is that I want to avoid getting involved in the new postal charges which come into effect next month.)  Any orders received but not paid for by then will be cancelled.

I intend retaining the rest of the website, at least for the forseeable future, as nobody else has come forward offering to take on board the maintenance of information across model railway and diecast ranges.  I decided to keep it going as I have received numerous requests to do so, including one from an agent of one of the manufacturers!!  I also intend expanding the information on DCC both to update what is there and to put right some of the misinformation contained within some of the printed material currently available, including the latest offering from Railway Modeller!

I would also like to expand the range of DCC installation guides - I still have a number of my own locos awaiting attention but cannot possibly cover the complete and extensive range of UK models available.  If anyone has their own set of instructions and accompanying photographs which they would like to contribute I would like to hear from you. I'm afraid there is no payment, though - it is already costing me to keep the website going......!!

Thank you for this John, service above and beyond??? There is little that I can contribute at te moment but I will see what happens once I can get more active. Best wishes for your retirement.

Tony

Guest jim s-w

Hi John

Would you like those of us who have links for you on our websites to take them down?

Cheers

Jim 

Hi Jim

Only if you have linked to the store part of the site, otherwise users might find the resources elsewhere on our site quite useful.

I'm hoping to still get some income from visits to the site and users clicking on links to other sites!

Well, retail part of the site has now closed.  I would like to thank all of our customers for their purchases over the years and wish everyone a happy and prosperous future.

I will be making some changes to the rest of the site over the next few weeks, so apologies in advance if you can't easily find what you are looking for or links aren't set up correctly - I will get there eventually!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all for your kind comments.  I do still have some bits and pieces left so if you need anything that you know we stocked just drop a PM and I'll see what I can do.

I am intending to travel soon so you may not get an immediate response!!

One thing I do have a lot of left is LEDs - especially packs of 6 x 2mm or 1.8mm Golden white or 3mm Daylight White with 1K resistors - £4.50 per pack including postage.  If you are interested, PM me for payment details (please specify quantity and either BACS or PayPal).

Archived