2012 RMweb Challenge voting now open

Andy Y

The voting for the RMweb Innovations and Scratchbuiling Challenges is now set up and will run until 12 May.

Thank you to all participants in the challenge, there's some really innovative ideas and some excellent quality scratchbuilding and in both cases give something unique.

You will be asked to rank the entries in each of the two challenges, the Innovation Challenge and the Scratchbuild Challenge.

A list of entries will be shown with a link to the summary topic and an image which illustrates the entry.

The first Challenge is the Innovation category which provides the opportunity to advance the hobby in some small way through a new product, service or technique which is either entirely new or a significant improvement upon an existing product or method. It is the entrants responsibility to ensure there is no copying of any patents, copyrights or trademark infringements. Any entries should not be representative of a trading business. It is also the responsibility of the entrant to protect their innovation if they choose to do so.

The second Challenge is the Scratchbuild category where entrants are encouraged to enter any item of rolling stock or building which is not purely a modification or alteration of any previously commercially available item. Any entries may include commercially produced components.

In the Innovation category there are 7 entries, placing an entry 1st gives it 7 points, 2nd 6pts etc down to 1pt for the 7th item. In the Scratchbuild category there are 19 entries so the item you place first will score 19 pts, 2nd 18 pts etc and down to 1pt for the 19th item. The winner in each category will be the highest total score, if any position is tied it will be decided upon by the entry which scored the higher number of 1st places.

The poll can be found here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/poll/index.php?sid=52993&lang=en

The results will be calculated after 12 May and announced shortly afterwards.

I'm sure not everyone would be that honourable but just be as honest as you can over how you would rank the entries; it'll all even out in the end but, as ever, I will be keeping an eye out for anyone attempting to abuse the voting.

I'm sure not everyone would be that honourable but just be as honest as you can over how you would rank the entries; it'll all even out in the end but, as ever, I will be keeping an eye out for anyone attempting to abuse the voting.

I did the honourable thing and voted mine last. I think it should be a matter of course: the decent thing to do.

Thank you for setting up the voting Andy. I look forward to the results and good luck to everyone involved. Truly, there are some terrific projects in there worthy of the recognition and respect of their peers. :)

• RMweb Gold

I will also vote for myself in last place.

(I always did this at various club meetings where there was a vote on something involving myself.)

But first I will have to refresh my memory of the entries - not because of the passage of time - but because I now have to vote on every entry.

It's only fair to do so, but to my shame, I did not look at some - sorry.

Kev.

• RMweb Gold

Just completed my voting. With all those unfinished entries I wish I had left my Bath trainshed roof in now - oh well :no:

Some really top notch stuff there - didn't make choosing what order to put them in at all easy. 

Jerry

Due to an oversight, the Rail Rabbit was left off the list and can't now be added without causing Andy a load of grief, so unfortunately it's out of the race. :(

Still that's life.

never expected into win, and it was good fun to do it and hopefully some of you enjoyed the build.

Good luck to everyone else!! :)

But what about the contestants using "performance enhancing substances" (chocolate, hob-nobs or [gasp] jammy dodgers, etc)? Andy Y has still not ruled on their use!

Should not the winners and runners-up be tested for such doping?

iD

p.s. on a more serious note, well done everyone, good luck to all and thanks to Andy fo getting all sorted...

• RMweb Gold

Due to an oversight, the Rail Rabbit was left off the list and can't now be added without causing Andy a load of grief, so unfortunately it's out of the race. :(

Still that's life.

never expected into win, and it was good fun to do it and hopefully some of you enjoyed the build.

Good luck to everyone else!! :)

Sorry to hear that your entry was excluded somehow.

Personally, I thought your entry was 'right up there'.

Regards,

Kev.

Is there absolutely no chance of this going on the front page or the portal?

61 members out of a forum with in theory over 18,000 seems remarkably apathetic. You have nigh on around 700 online at any given time too which makes the lack of response even more acute.

Archived