Anyone experienced the ABM Railcraft range of card models?

• 3 months later...

Sadly, according to the website, ABM is closed due to illness.  My mind has turned to the LBSC lately, and I wanted to remind myself of the range.

I hope the range continues, but, most importantly, I wish the proprietor a full recovery from ill-health.

I built the canopy and found it okay to build as said before the card is thin but when built it looks okay the stanchions and roof trusses are quite complicated but do give a degree of stability and the colouring is okay .I prefer Metcalf but would build another of these kits again hope the owner is okay as they fill a gap in the market.

• 2 months later...

I notice no change on the site.  I am sorry that whatever health issues were the cause of the closure of the site have apparently persisted, and I wish the owner the best.

I am also sorry that this very promising range of kits appears defunct, not least as I was about to sample them.

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys has anyone got any update to the owner of ABM Railcraft?

I know the old website said that the company has ceased production due to illness, I was just wondering if there was anyone on here that is or has been in contact, I would like to know the current situation, they are great kits and I am in the process of starting to build a North Cornwall Railway Station building, but I would like to see what other kits he used to do for the North Cornwall line, beside the station building and the signal box.

Colin 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking through my stuff after the house move I find I still have the Isfield signal box in 'mint' condition [see post 7]. I can't see me using it in the near future, should someone wish to make me an offer for it, please P.M. me.

Doug

I wish that I had bought a few buildings in SR colours for either a revamp of my current main layout, or the possible new project I am hoping to do.  I am sure that if the proprietor were ever able to restart the business, there would be customers.  Still, lack of building kits is a minor problem, and I got the impression that the poor gentleman's health problems were a major problem for him.