Had another burst of enthusiasm on the work bench today.
I have been playing with the Scale Hardware parts that I received a while back.
Along with finding a drill bit that was perfect for drilling the hole in the eccentric rod for the oil corks, I have added the fake nut and bolt heads to the expansion link, and another piece dunked in the chemical black.
I don't know if you agree, but I think this chemical black on nickel gives the perfect look for rarely looked after rods... might be a little too black perhaps, but because the CB works as an etch, it means that I can give the rods a quick spray with the airbrush if needed without worrying about priming.
Secondly I have been trying to work out how best to remake the union link between the crosshead and the combination lever. On this attempt I used some stainless steel tube soldered to the combination lever, and the union link fits over the tube. I had to make some very thin brass washers, as the nut and bolt that you can see, actually are nuts and bolts!! 0.5mm thread...
Makes a difference to the original thick nickel and rivet method..