Firstly a foamboard box split into three compartments
Then some paneling. Note that I quickly grew board of gluing each one so applied some double sided tape to the walls and stuck the coffee stirrer planks to that.
Then a bit of wood stain.
And some furniture from scraps of balsa;
Then it was off to The Range for some battery powered Christmas LED lights. Now I know the sort of down lighting that has resulted is not really correct but I did build a hurricane lamp around an LED but it was just too bright. I then made some candles from fiber optic but, although cool weren't bright enough. I may try these again later but Christmas lights will do for now.
And now all detailed with lots of stuff you can't really see;
And here it is all in place under the layout;
I really enjoyed this little project - a bit slap dash with no real plan but has turned out rather well in the end and should be a bit of a talking point at exhibitions (of which I have several more lined up for next year now), even if it is almost impossible to photograph properly!