Jump to content

Crocodile414

Members
  • Content Count

    96
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

177 Good

Profile Information

  • Location
    Cardiff
  • Interests
    Sectorisation, Railways in the south-west, and preserved steam! (also the RhB in Switzerland!!)

Recent Profile Visitors

347 profile views
  1. Excellent service from Little Dan and the team at Derails Models. Multiple orders placed recently, all arrived safe and well in good time.
  2. Hi All, A very long time since the last update. I've been having a break from the layout over the latter part of the summer but work resumed today. I didn't fancy doing any scenery today so I thought I'd finally get the lighting gantry made. A trip to Wickes and 4 hours later I have a frame which is now mounted (albeit unpainted yet). The front fascia is 5.5mm ply and the frame work is 18mmx44m. It's all held together with bolts and T nuts. I need to get some LED tubes to up inside it now. More news soon.....(hopefully!) Cheers, Nick
  3. Excellent service again from Little Dan and the team - 2 coaches paid for Saturday morning and arrived safely this morning. Thanks guys!
  4. Thanks for all the kind comments, I've really enjoyed running it for the last few days. I'll probably have a few more days playing and then back to work. Cheers, Nick
  5. Afternoon All, After waiting 11 days for my additional plaster bandage to arrive, it was soon put to use and board 2 now matches board 1. After not having run anything for several months and my new heritage coaches arriving from Winco a few weeks ago, I felt it was time to set the layout up and have a running session - it's just under a year since the last video. Hope you enjoy. Cheers, Nick
  6. Board 2 received its first layer of plaster bandage tonight. The second layer will have to wait for a few day though as I'm not confident I've got enough do it so I've ordered a few more rolls. Next job after the plaster bandaging will be back to completing the station car park and the remaining road surface down underneath the viaduct. Cheers, Nick
  7. I installed the masts first for two reasons - firstly I wanted to make sure the full size plan translated to the board, and secondly as Vecchio alludes to - it's a lot easier to do the nuts up on the threads underneath prior to the scenery going in. If I'd done it afterwards it'd be an absolute nightmare and a couple of places would most likely be inaccessible. I also needed to get the wire ramps up inside the tunnels as these are completely sealed now so touch wood I don't need to go back in there with a soldering iron! Apart from stabbing myself on the ends of the masts a few times, they hav
  8. Landscaping is slowly continuing around the viaduct. I've found this a particularly challenging area to shape but hopefully this board will be ready for plaster bandaging soon. Hope every one is safe and well. Nick
  9. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to see how it all fits once the wires actually start going up. I'll keep you posted!
  10. Apologies for the lack of updates lately. Lockdown has caused some difficulties with obtaining materials. I've also been weathering my British stock which has taken up a lot of time. I'm now on the final section of landscaping around the viaduct. I've cut some very basic pieces so far but I'm waiting for the glue to dry before I go in for a heavy attack carving it all into shape. Hopefully I'll have some more developments in the not too distant future. Cheers, Nick
  11. Looks like you've made excellent progress so far, look forward to seeing your progress
  12. Hi Everyone, I hope you're all managing to survive the current situation as best as possible. A second layer of plaster bandage was applied to board 1 and this has given a lovely solid surface to work with - board 2 remains uncovered presently. I made a start yesterday on the lighting gantry. I've managed to find enough softwood and 9mm ply offcuts for the two end pieces to hold the pelmut up - the first of which has been assembled and installed on the layout. The second one has been cut but has yet to be assembled. As I mentioned before, until
  13. Hi everyone, Just a quick update tonight. Board 1 has had its first layer of plaster bandage today, more is on order to do another layer and the second board. I've temporarily run out of foam to complete the area around the viaduct but whilst that board has been taken down I've been tidying up the wiring underneath with cable ties and clips etc. More news soon..... Hopefully! Nick
  14. Hi Everyone, A little bit more progress to share with you. Landscaping around the tunnel has commenced although as you can see its still very much a work in progress. I'm hoping to complete this section this week and then at least 1 board will be ready for plaster bandaging. I've also been doing a lot of painting on the station building which is nearing completion now - I will post a picture when it's complete. Hope you're all keeping well. Best Regards, Nick
  15. I need to have a proper test run. The layout is currently split due to the scenic work being carried out. Once I've run some locos under their own power I'll be able to be certain if I need to make any changes. I'll keep you all posted!
×
×
  • Create New...