New DCC controller "ACE" from Sig-na Trak

@Nick G Well we're going to beat one of the couriers with a shoe as they've failed to deliver the screens twice now, but the rest of the prep work is still going well!

The last tweaks to the firmware are making good progress, attached is a pic of the loco list on Fraser's test build model, and starting next week we should be contacting the preorder list for payments, finalizing assembly and starting the dispatch process!

IMG_20240208_094503.jpg

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...

Final update for you all, we're finishing up assembly now and booting on the firmware, and ACE 3s start shipping out from next Monday!

Also, for anyone along to Tonbridge on Saturday, we'll have a few units there up for sale as well!

I'll still keep tabs on this thread post launch, as we're planning to add features and updates based on user feedback, so anyone who does go for one keep us in the loop with your experiences!

• Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, Nick G said:

Is the power adapter for the 3 the same as the 2?

It's got the same connector, but the 3 comes with a 6 amp power supply.

17 hours ago, Dungrange said:

Any news on the long promised firmware update for the ACE-2?

This is being worked on in parallel with the firmware for the 3, there's no set date currently but it should be out some time after the launch of thr 3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having been an ACE-2 user since 2019 and loving the system I decided to see what the ACE-3 is all about. Arrived today and just programmed two locos in. Seems it will be a good upgrade, I particularly like the loco list. Looking forward to more upgrades to it in the future.

1.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I'm a fan of the Signatrak, my club has one.  I really think it gives you the best of both worlds.  My thoughts were that I didn't was to HAVE to drive my train from a touchscreen, nor did I want a handset that was a mass of buttons.

The ACE, with it's touchscreen base and simple handset is perfect for me!

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DLT said:

I'm a fan of the Signatrak, my club has one.  I really think it gives you the best of both worlds.  My thoughts were that I didn't was to HAVE to drive my train from a touchscreen, nor did I want a handset that was a mass of buttons.

The ACE, with it's touchscreen base and simple handset is perfect for me!

Cheers, Dave.

Yes Dave best of both worlds but I usually drive from the handset. My favouite thing is being able to label all the functions so you dont have to thing which F button to press. The loco list is a great new feature on the 3.

Edited by Nick G
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Will the new handset be able to work with an Ace 2? I am thinking of the new handset's ability not to have to be "taken over" from the Ace 2 itself