kirley

KIRLEY JUNCTION

You probably can blame me for the narrow K15. Alan did some GNRI coach etches for me back in 2013? to fit on the mainline/Bachmann LMS coaches. Naturally as a result they don't match his "standard" ones

When last I looked the narrow ones are still on his list as quite a lot were built (I did 20 odd...) Colm

Are you legally culpable?

Front of No.74 tidied up.   

IMG_6669.JPG.1b0751b2a7acb0c0381fd1024098c054.JPG

• Like 5

GM locomotive No.229 with the Mk4 rake on Kirley Junction.

• Like 3

Nice video Kieran, is Kirley Junction back to full operation?

How do you knit all the wee snippets together?

• Thanks 1

The main work has been finished Andy but there is still loads to do including a new control panel.  I use a video editing program to edit out the bad bits, you can download a free one to try it out.

• Thanks 1

Kirley Junction [original layout 2012-2019]

Sometime back I was asked for a plan of my layout but never had one.  I gathered up some photographs showing various sections and I put them together in a video.  The layout has undergone a few changes since these photographs were taken.

• Like 4

WOW, great pictures.

You have a few pounds worth there, a lovely collection.

• Thanks 1

Hi Kieran,

Great wee video and lovely pictures of the layout.  It looks really well, with loads of typical Irish "charm".  You should be really proud of what you have achieved so far and your "train set" does you much credit.  That is a lot of work.  My hat is well and truly doffed, sir.....

Great to see you at the recent UMRC Show in Belfast - just sorry we didn't get longer to chat.

Tom 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your kind remarks Tom, looking forward to seeing pictures of your ‘Carlisle’ layout soon.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Craven Coaches at Clonmel.

Cravens, Dutch & six-wheel heating /luggage vans and the 141's.  Badly paying service, the coaches need passengers, yet another job.

• Like 3

S2 Class No.191 Locomotive

Testing this recently finished SSM brass kit build.

Edited by kirley
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

After building Provincial Wagons CIE Cattle Wagons I put them behind some J15's for a run round Kirley Junction.  Some ex GNR(I) Cattle Wagons also make an appearance.  Hope you don't mind the sound effects, that's how I remember these Cattle trains.

Edited by kirley
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A cornucopia of J15's, like the pacing shots really good. Have you left the roof's loose for loading later? Must get my track working again, got train envy.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks Mike, yes the roofs left loose until I decide whether to add cattle but I don’t think they would be easily seen.