4mm MK1 BSO Cut and Shut

For the corridor side, I have fitted the large windows in the brake compartment as the type without window bars. I am not sure how 100% prototypical this is as most photos I have found are of preserved coaches and many surviving BSK's/BSO's have had the luggage area converted to wheelchair seating and tend to have window bars removed. On the non corridor side I have fitted the type with window bars except the window closest the guards compartment which is the greyed out type

The SVR's 9220 is 100% in original condition. Our C+W manager went the way of converting TSO's to disabled access stock rather than a unique coach on the SVR.

Bristol attracted all sorts of coaches from all over the place, so BSOs are fine for a layout based in/on that area.  If you're looking for a new project when you've done this, Temple Meads was a place you could see the Mk1 Courier coaches that carried bullion and had security people in a single compartment.

Thanks, I hadn't realised they got to Bristol as had considered doing them before, great short train formation as well:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-diesels/8985083972/in/photolist-qQue1c-dXMTYz-gzieku-bixmX8-eFYUqU-dCUEL4-7geALL-qaWscQ-ofYjzh-aeut1N-aeusHL-adgzJg-9swfEt

Archived