Megapoint Controllers

16 hours ago, AndyID said:

If the controller board does not actually have the 1K resistors it would work that way.

Andy,

Interesting, but you'd have thought that both the Controller & the Expansion boards would have the resistor(s) to ensure equal brightness?

Ian

On 14/08/2020 at 01:59, ISW said:

Andy,

Interesting, but you'd have thought that both the Controller & the Expansion boards would have the resistor(s) to ensure equal brightness?

Ian

Hi Ian,

I could be wrong but I suspect the resistors were added to prevent people converting their Light Emitting Diodes into Flame Emitting Diodes :)

Andy

12 hours ago, AndyID said:

Hi Ian,

I could be wrong but I suspect the resistors were added to prevent people converting their Light Emitting Diodes into Flame Emitting Diodes :)

Andy

Andy,

It all still puzzles me. Anyway, I've now 'dimmed' my LEDs using a common resistor for those plugged into the Controller Board but separate LEDs for those connected to the Expansion Board. Weird, but at least it works.

Ian

• 1 month later...

12v Power Supply

I've now replaced my PS-101 12v power supply with a modified Xbox 360 power supply. Much cheaper, more powerful, and quieter. Not too difficult either, as you can see at:

• Like 1