Radio Control of Big Train Hymek

enfield250

Hello!

I've got a couple of Triang Big Train Hymek's.

One of them I have fitted with a radio out of a cheap model car, it's on or off and back and forwards only.

I would like to convert both to full control, but I'm in a quandary as what I need to buy.

Any advice would be nice!

Cheers. 

Search for "Deltang" - there are a couple of threads on here, which should point you in the right direction.

R/C Model boats typically have proportional speed control, so you could look there too

I think you'd need better motor(s) and wheels which probably suggests replacement bogie internals - you could probably retain the Big Big side frames.

Sounds like a fun project, so do keep us informed, with lots of piccies!

Best

Simon

I used Deltang kit to convert to RC, 2 Hornby OO Locos and they worked very well, but as you have the space and if you are looking for a cheap option, there are ESCs with reverse on Ebay suitable for brushed motors from £8 and 2.4Ghz Radio Control transmitter and receiver combos for £20 upwards. 

Batteries are another area where improvements can be made - It depends how much you wish to spend ..

Good luck

Thanks for the advice.

I've looked at Deltang, TX22 and RX22 look ideal.

Only trouble is they are out of stock.

Cheers.

I emailed Deltang this morning on another subject but mentioned the stock levels issue.

According to David Theunissen at Deltang he has Rx62's in stock and suggested that Micron Radio Control might build a Tx kit.

Stock levels on Rx's can vary from day to day as I believe he builds them to order or in small batches.

Archived