ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Yes it will be at the show this weekend.

Looks great Brian, Tony, Phil and others have done a super job of restoring it.

I just wished we had got it ready for last years show which was the plan, and Fred would have seen it.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

We only have one brake van (EM) to run on Freshwater this weekend.

I can supply a unfitted GWR toad which I can slot a EM wheel set in - but not ideal

Do you or Bod have a more suitable EM brake van that may have run on the IOW in the mid 1930s

Long shot I know, wasn't aware of the problem till yesterday or I would have built one.

Terry

• RMweb Gold

Much Murkle has had a bit of maintenance carried out following the Calne show and is now all checked and ready for loading on Friday morning for the long trip up to Stafford.

Looking forward to a great weekend.

post-7649-0-40568900-1454335465.jpg

post-7649-0-10805600-1454335478.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Bod

Mid 1930s so SR

Kadee

Terry

Nothing in my stock box that would be any more suitable than your toad, unfortunately.  If you can get your hands on a Bachmann 25T pillbox 'van, EM wheels drop straight in and I guess that'll also give you a NEM pocket for those 'orrible couplings too.

• RMweb Premium

Like the video you were sending me...Will there be snow in Stafford, am I wasting my money going to Bulgaria?

Unfortunately VHS to DVD machine knackered when I came to copy the video I am looking for a reasonable price replacement on EBay then I will send you a copy.

You should stick to your holiday plans, the snow will be softer when you fall Ho Ho

• RMweb Premium

I can't get over the fact that Damian is going skiing.. He's got goggles, sticks, bobble hat, and ski things and everything....

Probably those funky sunglasses and sun block as well.

I can hear those cow bells now, it will be a cross between ski Sunday and the milk tray bloke...

And all because............

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Will the trade stands have facilities for card machines or do I need to bring a briefcase full of used banknotes?

Sorry that's one facility we don't have on site.

If you are coming by train there is a cash machine at the station.

By car there are cash machines at all the supermarkets ( easy parking )

So a briefcase of used bank notes will always welcome by the trade.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

I can't get over the fact that Damian is going skiing.. He's got goggles, sticks, bobble hat, and ski things and everything....

I can hear those cow bells now, it will be a cross between ski Sunday and the milk tray bloke...

Andy

Isn't that cheque book skyiing !

• RMweb Premium

Will the trade stands have facilities for card machines or do I need to bring a briefcase full of used banknotes?

Most of the tradestands usually have PDQ machines, but it's not unknown for them to be waving them in the air to get a decent signal. Especially the Yorkshire based traders who really like cash....................

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Andy

Oh,

I was only taking a smock, cap, safety goggles and painting trousers?

• RMweb Premium

Exhibition Update

Some good news on BBC Midlands today yesterday teatime.

The long term M6 roadworks south of Stafford, although not completed, does as I understand mean that we now have four carriageways between junction 10 & 13 both north & south.

This will mean of course you will get quicker to the bottleneck of the M6/5 Junction.

Happy Motoring

I think the following can be taken as definitive evidence of global warming.

For this weekend's show there will be no snow, no frost, no rain, a gentle breeze of three on the Beaufort scale, temperatures of 7-8 degrees Celsius. In the traffic report there will be less cones on the M6 and no roadworks between the M6 and the Showground.

It just doesn't feel right somehow.

Archived