Hornby's financial updates to the Stock Market

Mel_H

Yup. And now Hattons have taken things to the other extreme with some of their ridiculous used equipment prices.

They probably did their research on flee bay. The king of keeping items on offer for years on end at inflated prices. They seem to have a lot of repeat items. There must be about 20 secondhand Hornby Q1s on the site.  I cannot believe everyone is getting rid of old versions (for new ones) just to have a DCC chip holder in the tender and possibly the wrong smokebox door.

Edited by JSpencer

Posted Today, 11:51

blueeighties, on 14 Feb 2018 - 20:27, said:

Yup. And now Hattons have taken things to the other extreme with some of their ridiculous used equipment prices.

..................................................................................................................

They probably did their research on flee bay. The king of keeping items on offer for years on end at inflated prices. They seem to have a lot of repeat items. There must be about 20 secondhand Hornby Q1s on the site. I cannot believe everyone is getting rid of old versions (for new ones) just to have a DCC chip holder in the tender and possibly the wrong smokebox door.

...................................................................................................................................................

Never have & never will buy from them.

Edited by DonnyRailMan
  • Like 1

I believe there is a big project on the way to build a new linking section between the two Halls which will eventually require the diversion of Leeman Road.

That's the York Central masterplan which is being masterminded by City of York Council so don't hold your breath. In the ten years since they started it all they've succeeded in doing is turning the wagon repair works and CM&EE workshops from commercial land into derelict commercial land. Oh, and building a nice fence alongside Cinder Lane.  

https://www.york.gov.uk/majordevelopmentsyorkcentral

http://www.nrm.org.uk/aboutus/futureplans

One thing the successive mismanagement regimes at Hornby have done right is to keep out of the many quagmires of UK smaller scales by consigning any efforts to their European Arnold division so it does not mingle with their UK 4 mm image.  By the same token, they are avoiding larger scales as well.

Bachmann has not been so separate from their Farish brand. It must take a lot of their energy to keep up with that brand and strong competition from Dapol and other importers (I would hesitate to call most of these model marketing concerns manufacturers in the true sense as they have all become mostly commissioners. I understand Dapol's least innovative line is actually molded in the UK.)