Belgium and Northern France Early 20th Century Buildings etc

Chris hndrsn

Hi,

I am building a series of WW1 themed modules set in Belgium and Northern France and would like to have appropriate buildings and signage, both advertising and street signs. being from Australia and not being familiar with either the French or Belgium model train scene I am having some trouble finding building kits and signs. Can RMWeb members point me to appropriate French and Belgium sellers of late 19th and early 20th Century products? Though the modules will primarily be OO, HO is fine as it will help with forced perspective and be right for the HO scale metre gauge tram I will include.

Cheers,

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Artitec might be worth a look.

Edit :Also look at Colinter.

Artitec is imported into the UK these days by John Airey. In their advert in the March Hornby Magazine, they have a photo of a very typical street corner bar such as one finds all over Flanders (both French and Belgian).

• 3 weeks later...

might be worth while checking out the wargaming laser cut kits. a bit basic, but the 20mm size(scale can be a bit vague sometimes, but used alongside military modelling 1/72 scales) do have northern European models. Also the Miniart 1/72 modular kits could be adapted.

It is a lot easier modelling northern Europe than southern, which I prefer. Not sure why the military modellers ignore this area, although Italeri do a few Italian style buildings.

Archived