working diorama depot

clifford1981

thank you everyone for kind words, interest and support.

there is probably no reason why i cant have this functioning as both a fuel and mini servicing point for locos and mini wagon repair point! allows for more operational interest! only downside is that the shelf drawers arent long enough to house a class 66! but will just about house the class 31-if couplings removed!

if only the Bachmann depot building wasnt so expensive also....

Hi Clifford1981,

No worries bud, hope your enjoying this project as it progresses.. For words of encouragement, not every depot needs a class 66. Always nice locomotive to have, but in the case of your project and your research on Thornaby an 08 shunter, class 20 or a class 14 would do nicely?.

I don't know if you have more pictures of Thornaby, but a google search should give some more great pictures, one that springs to mind is a great picture showing the wagon repair shed, the mobile lifts and countless yard accessories.

The beauty of this project and as you have chosen to do .. You have cleverly chosen to explore both Tmd and Wrd, as I had said before great concept and lots of potential.. Awesome.

But going back to the class 66 .. Maybe that could be a future project or an extension?.

Kind regards

Dan

P.s if it helps.. Gaugemaster recently released a Tmd style shed kit that could easily be adapted to suit your layout. Its not as fab or ready straight from the box like the Bachmann scenecraft depot building, but the joy of kit bashing is to create your own interpretation and you can lengthening or shorten to suit your required space. And benefit of gaugemaster kit is only a quarter of the price of the Bachmann.. So a win win situation.

Hope this has been helpful.

Regards

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

well been doing a bit of work and photos to come soon! ian, i was intrigued by your comment and found the layout you mentioned! thanks, its very interesting and has some fantastic photos for references! mine isnt going to be like that model as two different aims, but granted still similar at same time!

hippo, i have purchased a floating shelf that isnt cheap, but love the shelves! i have two, so have transfered what i have done onto the slightly longer and wider one with some changes too as a result of some other photos from what ian found! there will be some updated photos coming up this week!

also purchased a dcc controller this week!

Archived