This will be a long shot I know, but I wonder if anyone knows if K's kits are still available lurking in some remote small suppliers corner?

The two kits I'm most interested in were the Taff Vale 0-4-0 Hudswell Clark and the LMS ex MR 0-4-0. I know the K's range was passed on through various hands after they ceased production, but I wonder if it was absorbed into another manufacturer's range and any stocks remain?

Steve

In the short term these kits can only be obtained either as a Keyser or Nucast kit second hand, as K's passed into Nucast ownership, then the Nucast owner retired. Thankfully Southeastern Finecast and Branchlines bought what was available and are slowly reintroducing the kits, these apparently are the ones available to date

According to the list I picked up yesterday:

NC007  J70 Tram engine
NC119  LNER Sentinel railcar
NC120  Sentinel shunter
NC209  LMS Folwer 7F 0-8-0
NC254Z  GWR 70ft autocoach dia.A26
NC262  BR(W) 16xx pannier tank

There is another thread on the go here is the link   http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/105342-nucast-partners/

Most of the old Keyser/Nucast kits come up on ebay at various times, so eventually you may get them there. Sometimes part- or poorly-built examples get listed at reasonable prices. Totally untouched kits in original packaging do have a certain collectable aspect though.

• RMweb Gold

Most of the old Keyser/Nucast kits come up on ebay at various times, so eventually you may get them there. Sometimes part- or poorly-built examples get listed at reasonable prices. Totally untouched kits in original packaging do have a certain collectable aspect though.

I take it this means "collectable" as a warning from history.

Certainly, I can't see my K's V160 kit - currently stuffed out of sight somewhere - ever being worth much.

Even if it were, I'd feel sorry for the person expected to build the thing - so I don't think I'll be unleashing it any time soon.

Huw.

I take it this means "collectable" as a warning from history.

Certainly, I can't see my K's V160 kit - currently stuffed out of sight somewhere - ever being worth much.

Huw.

I've got ten of them put away - bought for next to nothing when W&H Models closed their Cavendish Street shop in London. Actually it's not a bad kit and quite easy to build with it's one-piece bodyshell. I've sometimes seen them come up on ebay and they do go for quite low prices usually. But on occasions they can fetch quite respectable money. 

I've got ten of them put away - bought for next to nothing when W&H Models closed their Cavendish Street shop in London. ...

Even H.A. Blunt & Sons still had one on the shelf when they closed their Mill Hill shop round about 2000.

Archived