I have tried to do some research into HST`s in executive livery at Bradford Interchange, looking at photos on Google and Flickr but I have not found any, I have found the HSTs in Blue Grey livery.

The questions are,

did HSTs go into Bradford Interchange in Executive livery?

When did HSTs change from using Bradford Interchange to Forster Square ?

and What would an Executive livery Eastern region HST rake be formed of ( what coaches were used in a rake )

This is for my new Carr Crofts layout

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/106682-carr-crofts/

AFAIR the switch to FS only happened when the ECML was being electrified. When using the DVT/91 hybrid system the HST power car could move the whole train along the flat Aire valley section - without power the Cl91 could not control the power car and had to be hauled back.

There would therefore be both original and Swallow intercity livered HSTs at Bradford Interchange. The normal sets by the mid 1980's were 2*TF+TRFB (407xx)+4TS+TGS. The Yorkshire Pullman set was changed to 2TF+TRFK+TF+TRFB+2TS+TGS, later strengthened with a third TS. However I am not certain if this was while the return YP went through to Bradford.     

AFAIR the switch to FS only happened when the ECML was being electrified. When using the DVT/91 hybrid system the HST power car could move the whole train along the flat Aire valley section - without power the Cl91 could not control the power car and had to be hauled back.

There would therefore be both original and Swallow intercity livered HSTs at Bradford Interchange. The normal sets by the mid 1980's were 2*TF+TRFB (407xx)+4TS+TGS. The Yorkshire Pullman set was changed to 2TF+TRFK+TF+TRFB+2TS+TGS, later strengthened with a third TS. However I am not certain if this was while the return YP went through to Bradford.     

Thanks Bomag

• 2 weeks later...

Archived